Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you use Tide or cheaper detergents?
1  2  Next

Do you use Tide?
Yes, Always. It's the best detergent by far.  
 37%  [ 35 ]
No, it's too expensive.  
 39%  [ 37 ]
Sometimes.  
 23%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 94

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 9:47 pm
Do you use only Tide? Do you find it to be so much better that it's worth the price?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 9:49 pm
I use All Free and Clear.

MimiMommy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 9:49 pm
No, I use Arm and Hammer. Much cheaper. Works fine for me.

happy2Bamommy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 9:57 pm
I use woolite for darks and arm & hammer for all else. Its less than half the price of tide and works great. Also have to use much less than tide.

Mimimommy, did u ever try using arm & hammer on darks?

precious

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:04 pm
purex (he machine)

laughingmom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:04 pm
I'm amazed every time Tide gets out what should surely be a stain. I spilled red herbal tea on a light yellow sweater yesterday and there is no evidence of it ever being there. My 3 yr old got purple hamentashen jelly on a white dress and it too is like new... so Tide has won me over. I off set the expense by using a little less in each load.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:05 pm
I actually just finished up my container of tide, and I bought two bottle of all. They were on sale at CVS and I had a $2 off coupon, so even if I don't like it it was only $2.50 a bottle. I have a feeling it will be fine. I'm sick of paying tide prices.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:25 pm
Also, whoever doesn't use tide, did you ever try it? I always used cheaper brands, but I just bought some tide today at my dh's request and it got off some stains that have been there for months. The whites look whiter and everything just looks fresher. But it's so much more expensive that I don't know what to do.

STovah

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:28 pm
MimiMommy wrote:
No, I use Arm and Hammer. Much cheaper. Works fine for me.

Me too. It's also on sale very often in pathmark/waldbaums/shoprite.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:29 pm
I am a tide fan!

bananasplit

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:51 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I am a tide fan!

Me too!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 10:57 pm
try arm and hammer - ships for free from walmart - buy a FEW of the large size bottles. Also learn about water temp. for different colors/stain types - that helps a lot! Buy a bottle of stain remover. Tide is fun to use (I LOVE THE SMELL) but arm and hammer does the job just as well and "clean burst" smells amazing.

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 11:44 pm
I always use tide. It's great.
Hate the price, but it's an expense like any other expense.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 12:10 am
I use Tide. I used to use cheaper brands, until I was at the laundromat and the lady there (who washes the clothes people bring in) only uses Tide.

I now use Tide and also can't believe the stains that it gets out.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 12:12 am
Do you pretreat or use a laundry booster? For tricky stains I am into Resolve Stain Stick. For general brightness, I add a sprinkle of Borax along with my cheapo detergent. Works for me. Think if I used Tide I'd have to do less pretreating? That's both expensive and time-consuming. I was always too chicken to find out what would happen without it even when I used to use Tide because that's the way I was always taught by my mother to deal with stains.

If you shop deals and coupons you could probably make Tide affordable, even if it will never be cheap.

gazingblue

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 12:46 am
Although Tide is supposed to be great for some stuff, beware it is also too strong for other stuff. For example, when buying a shabbos robe, the store will tell you not to use tide.

lizard8

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 12:46 am
My 2 yo can get so stained and dirty, I can't rely on anything else but tide! If her clothing gets washed by my inlaws (they use all), the stains dont come out.

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 3:45 am
I use All, it's nice and unscented.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 7:37 am
I use Shaklee. It works great and no more problems with my sensitive skin/allergies.

Grandmama

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 7:41 am
I use melaleuca. I used to use any brand, and pretreat if necessary. I have used tide, but no longer have the need, as most of the time there are no stains on the clothing. No matter which detergent I have ever used, I found half the amount was just as good as the full amount. That works for other things too, like toothpaste and shampoo.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry