Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Sports Illustrated Models, I'm jealous...
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 10:10 pm
I just saw the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. The more I looked, the more I wanted their bodies. Their unbelievable, s*xy, slim, body. Now, I know the sheker hachein thing, and how it's the inside that counts, and that I do not want their lifestyle. But why oh why do I wan to look like them?!!!

ShiraMiri

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 10:18 pm
Umm..they don't even look like them. It's all angles and airbrushes. Yes, the models are pretty and slender - but even they aren't as flawless in real life as their magazine touch-ups.

Make a goal to look as good as YOU can. Don't compare yourself to an illusion.

Hannah!

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 11:34 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 8:14 am
Uh, trust me, you might want their bodies but you DONT want the lifestyle that allows them to have these bodies.

These women do not lead healthy, fulfilling lives...

It's easy to be so thin when you're living on diet pills, cigarettes and party drugs, and when you have the world's best makeup artists to turn you into a glam doll. Confused

imaamy

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 9:04 am
I thought it was all photo-edited too, until I saw some young women in the locker room at the gym. They really did look like that! Not a wrinkle, spot of cellulite, stretch mark on em!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 9:16 am
Yeah, I've seen real-life women that have bodies like that. You can only blame so much on airbrushing. Photoshop might smooth out the blemishes in their skin, but they're still hot without photo-editing help.

ShiraMiri

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:18 am
Listen, as we go through life our bodies go through stages and changes. We can't all look like swimsuit models forever. As I heard in a movie once(can't remember which one) - stretchmarks are a woman's badge of honor! 8)

I would love to have my body back before I had kids. However, I wouldn't trade my children to have my old body back. They are worth the stretchmarks and flab and if my husband knows what's good for him, he'll think so too!!!!!!! Tongue Out

cindy324

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:33 am
Quote:
I thought it was all photo-edited too, until I saw some young women in the locker room at the gym. They really did look like that! Not a wrinkle, spot of cellulite, stretch mark on em!

Yeah, but have they ever been pregnant? have they ever nursed? Let them give pregnancy and nursing a try, see how perfect their bodies looks then.

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:46 am
of course they look perfect, they eat right they watch their weight they exercise, they go to spas for treatment for their skin, they get electrolosis so they have no hair in all the right places. they tan so their skin looks dark and attractive, they take care of their hair so it always looks clean, shiny and perfect. they buy flattering clothes that siuts them, and they are confident. and they spend a lot of money to look the way they do, and some are naturally pretty but they still need to upkeep. if they didnt do any of this I think they would look ordinary. if you really take care of yourself and have money to use all the right tools then I think most of us would like quiet good. but the truth is when it comes to pictures and they way models or movie stars look, is a lot of make up, air brushing, lighting, angle all the little tricks they do to make themselves look great.
I once saw a program where they showed how they all get ready for pictures or the awards, they do so much stuff to look good its crazy, some use fake hair, a lot alot of make up, tape in some places etc etc.

dont bother yourself with jealousy it wont get you anywhere just make you more miserable, the best thing you can do is feel good about yourself, dont think of what others look like, who cares, think about how you look and try to do little things to make yourself look and feel good.

red sea

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:05 pm
Truth is, if you do everything they do to work for it , youd look that good too. Plus , after having a handful of kids and no plastic surgery, it would take tons more work than they do.

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:07 pm
Quote:
Truth is, if you do everything they do to work for it , youd look that good too. Plus , after having a handful of kids and no plastic surgery, it would take tons more work than they do.

exactly.

ShiraMiri

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:07 pm

Link

Think Supermodels are all-natural? Think again!

Last edited by ShiraMiri on Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

shayna82

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:20 pm
I agree with defy. it is possible to have a trim healthy body without using chemicals or doctors. dont kid yourself that its only attainable if you are on hollwoods payroll. in most cases, normal healthy woman CAN reach a goal if they tried hard enough.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:38 pm
ohmigosh that was a great video clip!

rise above

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 3:03 pm
wow! that clip was incredible!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 5:23 pm
it's a lot of work to maintain a figure like that. I could def be 10 lbs thinner if I was willing to walk around hungrier...course I still have some baby tummy that the dr says I sn't going away . . . . .

withhumor

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 8:11 pm
Shiramiri, couldn’t have answered this one better.

shayna82

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 8:13 pm
I personally dont think she looked sooo much different...

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 8:22 pm
Before they put all that makeup on her and airbrushed her face she looked just like a regular pretty girl like the rest of us.
When they were finished with her however....she didn't look like the rest of us anymore.

shayna82

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 8:27 pm
I look very different when I have a face full of makeup and and a nice sheitel updo or whatever. other then raise her neck up, they just did a good makeup job...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise