Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Connection between twins

mummy-bh

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 3:07 am
Just wanted to share ~

My girls are six. Recently, one got a splinter in her finger which I was unable to remove. I decided to take her to our local doctors surgery for the nurse to look at. As we were leaving the house, her twin sister was crying hysterically that she wanted to come with, to "look after" her sister. Well, as far as I was concerned, I didn't want to take an extra child with on a medical errand and so she stayed at home.

The injured twin found it extremely upsetting and frightening to have the splinter removed. She made such as fuss and it took nearly an hour for me and the nurse to calm her down. BH the splinter was removed, dd calmed down, I bought her a treat and we started off for home.

She asked to use my phone to call her twin to update her on the proceedings. Only then I noticed several missed calls showing from 'home' ( I recently taught the girls how to call my cellphone using the speed dial button on the house phone). She spoke to her twin, who told her that she'd been trying to call as she had been so worried about her. She reassured her that she was now feeling fine and that we would be back soon.

After she had hung up, she turned to me and said "Ma, <twin> should have come with. If she had been with us, it would not have hurt so much, I would have let the nurse take out the splinter straight away and I wouldn't have cried"

I love the connection that they have and felt terribly guilty for underestimating it that day!

vicki

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 3:19 am
Lovely to have such an amazing bond.
Hopefully having someone so close to share life with makes the good times better and the bad times not so bad.

Thanks for the story.

IMHopinion

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 8:20 am
So cute and beautiful!
Hopefully this bond between them should last forever!

invisiblecircus

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 10:50 am
So lovely! Are they identical?

mummy-bh

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 3:57 pm
invisiblecircus wrote:
So lovely! Are they identical?
yes Smile Smile

Fox

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 4:01 pm
It's really amazing and humbling, isn't it? My DDs are 17 now, and they still do lots of things like this.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 5:22 pm
such a sweet story. When I take my twins girls 3 and a half to the doctor they both will cry as one is being seen to even if the other one is fine.

lk1234

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 7:05 pm
I'm tearing up a bit. That is such a nice story- they are so sensitive to eachother's feelings!

ntm1

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:51 pm
I can totally understand.... my twins are 2 1/2 and are soo close now at such a young age..( hope it continues) they care about each other so much and are always concerned about the other... I love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more