Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning Lady Horror Stories - What's yours? **
1  2  3  Next

mirror

Post Sat, May 25 2013, 11:53 pm
My friend's cleaning lady decided to clean the Bechers using steel wool and bleach.

** This is not meant as an insult to any particular nationality, don't please don't comment here regarding racism.

marina

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:04 am
My cleaning lady didn't come. Ever. So I had to scrub my own bathtub and toilet. It was awful.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:07 am
I once had a cleaning lady who washed my floors with toilet water. I never had her come back after the first time.

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:07 am
She didn't come. On my birthday. Boo.

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:10 am
my cleaning lady couldn't see, couldn't hear, and had trouble stretching. I felt sorry for her as she was really nice and I had her for months, but dh said we couldn't afford to have her if she really couldn't clean.

bananasplit

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:14 am
She stole my laptop:(

anonymrs

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:22 am
I don't generally have a cleaning lady. When I moved into an apartment that was filthy, I decided to get when for a few hours to help me clean it.

When she came, I asked her to start with the bathroom. I went to get her some cleaning supplies, when I came back, she was standing outside the bathroom in her underwear, in the midst of changing from her street clothes to her cleaning clothes. Okkaaay.....

Then she used the the same water/shmatte that she used to clean the toilet to clean the kitchen counters and stovetop. Eeewww......

Never had her back after that....

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 1:04 am
Mine is by far the worst.
I once had a cleaning lady flush bounty down the toilet, I noticed her doing it upstairs. I then checked up on her in the basement. There I saw that she had uses that bathroom , and caused it to flood the whole carpeted room where DH learns and keeps his torah . Literally had her feces everywhere. I got very upset because I'm almost certain she had flushed bounty there earlier in the day when she cleaned down there. When I told her (upstairs) that we don't flush Bounty paper towels down the toilet she seemed shocked and confused. I'm assuming a couple hours after she cleaned the bathroom she used it and it broke.
AND then, she took my DYSON vacuum cleaner and trashed it by sucking up feces. That was replaced.
She was Shocked when I said leave my home, and I won't be needing your services again. !! Nut job. Sorry .
Be careful who you use (that was her first time , & last, at my house).

Lovelymom1

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:27 am
My lady told me she is pregnant and she thinks she is miscarrying the baby. No doubt I called a taxi and rushed her to the dr......d

5*Mom

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:36 am
marina wrote:
My cleaning lady didn't come. Ever. So I had to scrub my own bathtub and toilet. It was awful.

My cleaning lady didn't come. Ever. So I had my kids scrub the bathroom and toilet. It was great!

ora_43

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:37 am
Once when I was cleaning someone's house she asked me really pointedly if I'd seen her son's watch, and it was pretty clear she thought I'd taken it. I was offended.

Then a while later she told me she wouldn't need my services anymore just a few hours before I was supposed to show up to work, this after I'd been cleaning for her multiple times a week for several months. It was annoying because it was something she would have known about well in advance, but she waited to tell me until the last possible moment, apparently because she was more worried that I would leave the job early than she was about the possibility of leaving me in a very financially precarious situation.

jerusalem-girl

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:45 am
Ora, I think your story is a reason such threads should not be created, whether they're racist or not.
Cleaning ladies are people. Some aren't very good and should be dismissed for not doing their job, but we should do better than dehumanize them.

My cleaning lady story is that I don't have a cleaning lady- and keep getting "how do you manage?!?!" questions from one of my friends, which I don't appreciate because she's not really interested in knowing how I manage but is saying "how do you manage" as a reverse snobbery- I'm proud that I can't live without all of this.

Jughead

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:47 am
she used only one shmatte to clean the whole house. and she started with the bathrooms

Jughead

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:49 am
amother wrote:
Mine is by far the worst.
I once had a cleaning lady flush bounty down the toilet, I noticed her doing it upstairs. I then checked up on her in the basement. There I saw that she had uses that bathroom , and caused it to flood the whole carpeted room where DH learns and keeps his torah . Literally had her feces everywhere. I got very upset because I'm almost certain she had flushed bounty there earlier in the day when she cleaned down there. When I told her (upstairs) that we don't flush Bounty paper towels down the toilet she seemed shocked and confused. I'm assuming a couple hours after she cleaned the bathroom she used it and it broke.
AND then, she took my DYSON vacuum cleaner and trashed it by sucking up feces. That was replaced.
She was Shocked when I said leave my home, and I won't be needing your services again. !! Nut job. Sorry .
Be careful who you use (that was her first time , & last, at my house).

I agree - you win!
thanks for posting this - I have noticed that my toilet always clogs after my cleaning lady has been here. thought she might be flushing shmattes, so I've been counting them b4 and after, and that's not it. but maybe it's paper towels...
thanks!

ora_43

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 3:18 am
jerusalem-girl wrote:
Ora, I think your story is a reason such threads should not be created, whether they're racist or not.
Cleaning ladies are people. Some aren't very good and should be dismissed for not doing their job, but we should do better than dehumanize them.

I think the responses here have mostly been OK so far, but I do think we could use a joint former-cleaning-lady/ hirer-of-cleaning-ladies thread. I know I'm not the only former cleaning lady here. I think sharing both sides might clarify things.

Some of these stories are just bizarre (who cleans kitchen counters with toilet water??) but some I think there might be good explanations for. Flushing things, for example - in a lot of parts of the world you can't even flush toilet paper, so I could see how if someone is new-ish to America (or Israel, etc) they might not know the difference between what can and can't be flushed without being told. Even if they're otherwise intelligent and capable.

ora_43

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 3:28 am
jerusalem-girl wrote:
My cleaning lady story is that I don't have a cleaning lady- and keep getting "how do you manage?!?!" questions from one of my friends, which I don't appreciate because she's not really interested in knowing how I manage but is saying "how do you manage" as a reverse snobbery- I'm proud that I can't live without all of this.

If people ask me "how do you manage," I just say, "I don't," because my house is almost never cleaning-help-clean. But that's because they're really asking.

If someone were asking just to be a snob, I think I'd be tempted to say something like, "Baruch Hashem, I guess I'm just a really organized person. I mean, to me it's easy, but I guess for a lot of people it isn't."

DrMom

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 4:35 am
My cleaning lady makes mistakes sometimes. We all do. Luckily, there hasn't been anything I would classify as a "horror story."

I'm grateful we can afford cleaning help.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 9:05 am
my cleaning lady is lazy ... she never sweeps the floor and leaves a pile of dishes in the sink ... she seems to only wash the coffee cup she drank in ... she doesn't do bathrooms ... but if I can get her to cook we're grateful ... yeah everybody seems to love her food

[oh wait that's me]

bnm

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:16 am
the world's best mom wrote:
I once had a cleaning lady who washed my floors with toilet water. I never had her come back after the first time.

my husband did that

jerusalem-girl

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 11:05 am
bnm wrote:
the world's best mom wrote:

my husband did that

Important question: Did you let him back?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry