Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Spinoff: your amazing cleaning lady and what she does
1  2  Next

sunnshine770

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 6:11 am
I have the same lady now for two years and we love her!

No one is perfect and she probably has done things that I would not have done or maybe I even was a little annoyed but all in all she is truly a wonderful woman and we feel blessed to have her.

One (of many) amazing things she has done for me is cleaned my birdcages. It is a quite the job and something that I loathed to do. But something I would never think to ask the cleaning lady to do as it is quite messy and I never figured would be a part of the cleaning lady's duties and one day it was clean and she continues to clean it weekly. What a lifesaver! Now, when she cleans or organizes something that is not part of the usual routine we give her bonuses....she surely deserves it (and more)!

theotherone

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 7:00 am
She is not the best cleaner, but....she is pleasant, reliable, and honest. Whatever she does is one less thing for me to do. What's to complain about?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 7:03 am
We have had the same cleaning guy for almost two years. He is wonderful. He found 50 dollars on the floor once and gave it right to me. From then on I had a new-found trust in him.

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 7:09 am
I've had the same lady for 7 years. She's lovely, honest, reliable & just amazing.
I treat her like family . When she bought a present for her granddaughter she bought one for my little girl too.

gp2.0

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 7:10 am
My cleaning lady found a 100 dollar bill during pesach cleaning that I'd hidden and forgotten about...I'd never have known it was missing!

She is cheerful, pleasant, does all sorts of extra little things (like dusting top of headboards) and if I ever want something extra done that she's overlooked I just ask her and she does it with a smile. And she cleans my entire house in one day, something that I literally can't do no matter how hard I try. I could totally hug her every time I see her but that would probably scare her off. Smile

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 7:17 am
I've had a few wonderful women over the years. All hard workers, pleasant, honest, just lovely people.

Clarissa

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 7:37 am
Mine isn't the best at cleaning, but she's incredibly sweet. She's an excellent organizer, too, so she's helping me with that.

jerusalem-girl

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 7:52 am
I love this thread. Can I fantasize being that I don't have one?

My mother once had a lady that was efficient, clean and incredibly organized. But best of all, she was so nice. She used to talk to us and get really excited with the baby.
But she then found a job as librarian in her college, so she stopped.

JollyMommy

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 8:00 am
my housekeeper is amazing at figuring out my habits and trying to help me with them, for example she noticed that I fill up a Brita pitcher every morning and she started taking that job. another example is I used to organize our pantry every week and she took on this job. she's very smart and helpful, I really, really like her.

CherryBerry

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:18 am
My favorite thing that my cleaning lady does is making the beds. She fluffs up the pillows and turns down the covers. I feel like im in a hotel with housekeeping service. Smile
And she always leaves the house looking beautiful. Even if she does skip corners and misses deep cleaning spots.
But everything looks so nice its easy to forgive the missed dust.

gold21

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:21 am
She's pleasant and honest. She cleans well but I wish she would be a little more thorough.

anotherima

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:22 am
I call my cleaning lady my moshiach! I am so fortunate my husband is willing to pay for her.

Shuly

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:41 am
I don't usually have a cleaning lady, but if my neighbor doesn't need her cleaning lady, I get her.
I love how clean she gets the floors. She takes a putty knife and scrapes out the dirt in the grooves where the tiles meet the walls!

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:45 am
Shuly wrote:
I don't usually have a cleaning lady, but if my neighbor doesn't need her cleaning lady, I get her.
I love how clean she gets the floors. She takes a putty knife and scrapes out the dirt in the grooves where the tiles meet the walls!

Be careful that she doesn't clean out the grout as well!

Shuly

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 11:28 am
amother wrote:
Shuly wrote:

Be careful that she doesn't clean out the grout as well!

Thanks! I'm talking about Israeli floor tiles (balatot), so there is no grout.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 11:38 am
my husband fought me tooth and nail to NOT have a cleaning lady.

Then a friend of our's cleaning lady moved to our area instead of hers, so we inherited her.

Pesach came, and I had to work the entire week before pesach and erev pesach. My husband called and said omg B"H she's a g-d sent! B"H so well trained, that my husband has not complained since and we now have an amazing relief because I work and go to school

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 11:43 am
My amazing cleaning lady came to me when I was post-birth and going through chemo. She walked in, rolled up her sleeves and put my house in order. I didn't even have to tell her what to do. She came to me eight hours a week and took almost the whole housekeeping burden off my head. And she did this while being paid only $17 an hour instead of her usual $20 (this was a mistake - the woman who sent her to me told me she takes $17 and she didn't tell me differently. She waited till a year later when I was almost back to myself.) She will have a job at my place as long as she wants one and I can afford it, which I hope will be for many years.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:33 pm
years ago I helped a woman who was the cousin of someone else's cleaning lady - off the boat & no engAlish ... by showing her how to clean the way I like it ... with hand gestures and lots of slow talking ... we understood each other

after I could no longer afford her, she was able to get lots of jobs and when I would bump into her she was always so happy & grateful that she many times offered to clean my mess for free

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:42 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
my husband fought me tooth and nail to NOT have a cleaning lady.

So did mine. I mentioned it a number of times and dh was always like: I'll help you, you'll manage...

Until one day... In the midst of a casual conversation, my MIL was talking to dh and me and mentioned that my FIL was always unhappy that she had a cleaning lady and used to complain that HIS mother never had one... and how she anyway had one, so why couldn't he just shut up about it....And his brother is the same way. All "Jones"s are the same way, denying their wives the help they need...

We came home that day. Dh turns to me and says: Please get a cleaning lady! LOL

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:56 pm
I'm happy you made this spinoff !
I'm the amother from the previous thread who's cleaner clogged the toilet with paper towels...
My current cleaning lady is so great, BH! She is very pleasant to be around. She cleans thoroughly. She treats my clothing with respect -- like is careful with delicates. And on a few occasions she's returned $ she found in clothing, or in other places while cleaning. She also found and returned my earring.
BH its a pleasure to have her!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry