Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
BEST MICE SOLUTION

OIF SIMCHAS

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 3:17 pm
Please help! We're suffering from mice for a few years already. Tried poison, mice proofing, traps and hanging photo of Kerestirer Rebbe. Nothing seems to help! Can anyone recommend something that really works! I'm at my wits end!

Eemaof3

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 4:38 pm
Do you know where the entrances are? If you can find the holes, toss in some moth balls and fill with coarse steel wool.

chavs

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 5:51 pm
Get a cat, they are low maintenance and can add a lot to a family and are great mice killers!

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 6:21 pm
When we had mice, it took a professional exterminator 4 visits to get rid of them, but since then we haven't had any more mice. Our attempts at traps and poison were ineffective. Cats do work but we have a close friend who has severe cat allergies so we keep a cat-free home.

4Sisters

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 9:49 pm
The best thing we did (after a long time of suffering) was cough up the $ for the really expensive exterminating company that comes around and stuffs the holes themselves. The previous company we used just kept telling us to go find anything smaller than a nickel and put steel wool, etc in. I was stunned when I went around the house with the more expensive company: they found so many things I NEVER would have thought to stuff.

Def. money well spent!

I hope your mouse problems are soon over.

gr8cook

Post Sun, Jun 02 2013, 10:26 pm
The best effective solution is mice proofing.

OIF SIMCHAS

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 12:35 pm
Thanks everyone for your help! Cat is not an option for us! Our mouseproofer has been back 3 times and he claims there are no holes. Has anyone tried the electronic pest repellant and had success?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 1:03 pm
I had both rats and squirrels in my garage. Poison and traps were not an option (who wants dead animals in their storage space?)

I found this awesome stuff that you sprinkle around the area. It has cougar scent in it, and it makes it smell like a predator is living there. It's so mild that a person can't smell it at all, it actually smells a bit like peppermint. I just toss a few cap fulls up in the rafters and in the corners every few months, and I've been rodent free ever since. I absolutely swear by this stuff! You can find it at most hardware stores. I know that Ace carries it.

For a house, I'd put about a half a cup of granules under the crawl space, or around the foundation of the basement. It wouldn't hurt to sprinkle some behind the refrigerator and stove, too, as well as under the sink. Basically anywhere you see them, just put a half a teaspoon or so.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 1:44 pm
cats - their scent alone will ward them off ~ meow (^_^)~~~

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 2:56 pm
OIF SIMCHAS wrote:
...Has anyone tried the electronic pest repellant and had success?

We tried it; it didn't work for us.

MimiMommy

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 3:03 pm
Poor Kestirer Rebbe...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 6:20 pm
MimiMommy wrote:
Poor Kestirer Rebbe...

Lousy heathen mice! Mad

amother

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 6:45 pm
True Story:

We had a maaser account that we were putting money into every month for IVF. BH we conceived naturally. A couple months after the baby was born we moved to an apt that had mice. We heard a story involving Rabbi Kanievsky, in which he told someone who had mice issues to be sure to be diligent about maaser. We gave away our entire maaser account and had not seen mice for 5 months! (incidentally, I became lax about it once and we had one mouse, but then caught it, and I have been diligent since). At the same time I am extremely careful not to have any food or crumbs anywhere in the house. put all food in cabinets or storage containers and do not cook with the windows open. Good Luck!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
True Story:

We had a maaser account that we were putting money into every month for IVF. BH we conceived naturally. A couple months after the baby was born we moved to an apt that had mice. We heard a story involving Rabbi Kanievsky, in which he told someone who had mice issues to be sure to be diligent about maaser. We gave away our entire maaser account and had not seen mice for 5 months! (incidentally, I became lax about it once and we had one mouse, but then caught it, and I have been diligent since). At the same time I am extremely careful not to have any food or crumbs anywhere in the house. put all food in cabinets or storage containers and do not cook with the windows open. Good Luck!!!

Amother again, I take this back. Just now I saw another one! And all maaser paid on time Sad so in same boat as you. Sad

managingmomof3

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 12:00 am
oh my!! I know so well what you are going thru. Where do u live?.. We have used a nice guy here in brooklyn African Exterminator...his name is anthony and he calls himself the Rat Rabbi,,he somehow has a "bracha" in the stuff he uses.. and although he doesnt close holes he wards them off with very exceptional powder..his number is 917 770 0587 He is not Lubab lol...but if he does come to you..tell him Sara the crazy woman who would text him if there was noise in her building...gave you the number.. Our building should have been closed down in my opinion.,,.yet he came to the rescue (after much screaming and nights of NOOOOO sleep!!

Good Luck..DONT LAUGH..I had pic of that Rebbele ALL over. (behind he stove.. near the ceiling of my sons bed.. Im sure the Rebbele had a good laugh.. I wrote on each paper... Please tell the "noise" to go away from my building!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry