Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Safe leave it out to cool overnight?

acemom

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 10:20 pm
I started cooking minute steak very late this evening. I just realized that even if I turn it off now it will be too hot to place into the fridge/freezer. Is it safe to leave out overnight to cool?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 10:24 pm
acemom wrote:
I started cooking minute steak very late this evening. I just realized that even if I turn it off now it will be too hot to place into the fridge/freezer. Is it safe to leave out overnight to cool?
I would choose placing it in the fridge hot over leaving it out all night.
Make sure you don't put the steak near something in the fridge that could spoil like raw meat/chicken or dairy.

momX4

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 10:36 pm
To cool it down really quick you can place the meat in a plastic container with a tight cover. Put it in a sink filled with cold water and ice cubes. Make sure the water doesn't reach the top of the container.

I do this for soup all the time.

mandr

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:04 pm
Definitely do NOT leave it out. Unless you want to chuck the whole thing in the morning!

etky

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 12:18 am
momX4 wrote:
To cool it down really quick you can place the meat in a plastic container with a tight cover. Put it in a sink filled with cold water and ice cubes. Make sure the water doesn't reach the top of the container.

I do this for soup all the time.

I also do this for soup. I just immerse the pot in the sink, without transferring the hot soup. It works really well. I don't have to worry about leaving the soup out for hours on end or about lowering the temperature in the fridge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics