Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Fly Me To Ramallah On Delta Airlines

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 7:33 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....share

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 8:00 am
Outrageous.

FWIW, I think he could have made his point without all the backstory drama (4 wives, etc.). He should have been less talkative and just let her answer his question ('Which airport is located in the "Occupied Palestinian Territories" destination listed on the website?' If she answers "Ben Gurion Airport" then he should ask whether that means that Delta considers Tel Aviv to be part of "Occupied Palestinian Territory.").

I felt bad for the clueless person on the other end of the phone. I don't think she understood exactly what the upshot was (I.e., that many Arabs consider all of Israel "Occupied" and the Western world is foolish if they think that the "two state solution" will stop Anti-Israeli sentiment and terrorism.)

I would certainly like to know if they tracked down who was responsible for putting this on the website.

BTW, he said that as an Arabic man, he cannot get a visa to Israel. This is not true at all.

Liba

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 8:21 am
He also said he was a terrorist...

This is almost exactly two years old. Their "mistake" was up for about a day in Feb 2012.

I feel bad for the agent he called. I really worry about what kind of impression the call made on her and the conclusions she came to.

Liba

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 8:25 am
This is their list of Middle Eastern countries now:

Quote:
Includes travel from the following: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates (composed of Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras El Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm Al Qaiwain), Uzbekistan and Yemen (Republic of).

http://www.delta.com/content/w......html

rae gi

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 8:35 am
Thanks for posting.

SJcookie

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 8:47 am
"it works both ways Linda, it works both ways hahahaah"
That part made me laugh Very Happy

penguin

Post Fri, Jan 31 2014, 3:58 pm
Okay, people. The orbiter is passing south of Iceland. The next scheduled check-in will be at 32.0 N 36.5E over the Palestinian Territories.

You mean over the State of Palestine?

You mean over the State of Israel?

I've re-scheduled the check-in for 35.2 N 96.6 W over Oklohoma.

You mean Occupied North Texas?

Dammit, Frank.

(Sorry I can't locate the actual cartoon now...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links