Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Prices to fly to Florida

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:41 pm
Leaving from JFK or LGA (prefer JFK but LGA is ok. Not interested in Newark)
We have a close simcha to attend near Hollywood in March. It's on a Sunday evening and we have relatives in the area so it would be great to spend shabbos there too. Can take off work on Friday. Can't take off work Thursday so need to leave in the evening or Friday morning. Simcha is in the evening Sunday so can't leave before late night, Monday morning could also work but no later than that - can't miss afternoon job.
Need to take at least a carry on for simcha clothes. Don't need suitcase besides that.

The best prices I'm seeing are close to $300. I don't remember it being this high for the last simcha a couple of years ago. Is this normal? Is there anything better to look for?

Dan's deals posted some kind of sale last week but it didn't even help. The days and times we need weren't great prices.

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:47 pm
Is it Easter weekend?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:43 pm
No, st Patrick's which is not really a travel holiday.
I get that weekends in general are expensive but I was not thinking 300 per person Sad
If we had vacation then it could be nice but to pay that just to rush in and out for a simcha while missing Friday and half of Monday off work feels like such a waste. Except dh feels very very strongly about being at this simcha.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:04 am
Weekend travel is more expensive... Thursday and Monday evening would likely be cheaper

It's also Spring break and time for the secular world so it's possible certain travel dates are going to be more pricey...
Kayak shows you a color calendar with the dates and the price ranges your likely going to see.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 5:07 am
It completely depends on the dates. I just booked tickets from LaGuardia to FLL for mid winter vacation and it was $78 round trip....but I have paid much more at other times.

Eta. I just looked for weekend of March 17. Going Friday morning and coming home Monday Early morning. $162

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:01 am
amother Azalea wrote:
It completely depends on the dates. I just booked tickets from LaGuardia to FLL for mid winter vacation and it was $78 round trip....but I have paid much more at other times.

Eta. I just looked for weekend of March 17. Going Friday morning and coming home Monday Early morning. $162

Where?!! That's soooo much better than what I saw using Google, credit card portal, and expedia

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:21 am
amother Azalea wrote:

which weekend dates?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 1:03 pm
amother Azalea wrote:

Can you please share where you found that because the lowest I'm seeing is a good 100 more than that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics