Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Can YOU change a tire
1  2  3  4  Next

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 9:20 am
I can ... but I don't want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I had to drive my daughter to school ... the snow slowly melting from the geshem storm ... it seemed low enough so I drove right over and out of driveway ... Kool - right? I get my daughter only to realize that suddenly one of the tires was not so full of air ... like off the rim ... I didn't even feel it when I drove ... now I'm like too tired ... called my son he said right now I'm happy in my blanket with my pillow ... she said she'll walk ... man ... I'm really not in the mood to be a man today...

binah918

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 9:29 am
On my second date with DH, he dropped me off and then...called two minutes later: He was half-way up the block with a flat tire. He was emabrrased but didn't really know what to do. There was NO ONE around to help out. So I went back out, still dressed in heels and all, and the two of us managed to change the tire together. DH felt so bad that he needed me to come back out, especially while I was still dressed so nicely. But I didn't mind at all. My hands got so dirty, even dirtier than his, but without my help he would have been standed on the street over night! To this day, I'm still better at these sorts of things than he is.

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 9:59 am
Ever heard of AAA ? best gift for dh, who can’t change a lightbulb. (ok, barely)

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:02 am
wow u must be kidding!!

I had a roommate in college, that sat me down and showed me the ins and outs of my car.. Oh my I was sooo grateful!!!

Now I do not look like an idiot when talking to a mechanic, and honestly they respect a woman that can "talk the talk" LOL

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:11 am
withhumor wrote:
Ever heard of AAA ?

is that anything like alcoholics anonymous ... cause I wouldn't advise drinking while changing a tire ... and why pay $$$$$$ good bucks for somthing that I have 2 hand, eyes that can see, and a brain to figure out how to use them ...

ny21

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:12 am
I can not change a tire
if I would get a flat I call
triple AAA.

Last edited by ny21 on Thu, Apr 12 2007, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:13 am
No, but if I lived in surburbai and drove a lot, it'd be prudent to learn how . . .

ny21

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:26 am
while we are on this subject.............
does anyone know how to put gas in their car?
I can not. Twisted Evil

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:32 am
Have changed tires, You're kidding about the gas I hope. Most staions are self service and the ones that are not charge like five cents extra a gallon. Not to say that I am a cheap Jew but. I don't believe in wasting money to have some Pakistani guy pump my gas while I sit in the car like a prima donna.

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:34 am
Greenf, you pay a measly fee per year, and it covers every tire change you’ll ever need, or any towing you’ll ever need, anywhere in the united states, can’t beat that when you’re driving with a car load of kid sin the middle of the night, across the country!

In addition to the services mentioned, you get significant discounts everywhere such as major parks, hotels, airlines, car rentals. It’s just a brilliant thing to have, I think it’s like $45 or $65 a year, not more.

ny21

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:37 am
you can ad a extra person.
for 25 bucks a year
and after three years of membership , they ad additional items.
at no charge

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:38 am
ur kidding right??

AAA is very expensive!! Especially for single mom's!

Sure it's a great service, but still!!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 10:38 am
In NJ it is illegal to fill your own gas ... and I get gas filled up just before NY cause it is way cheaper...

ny21 - what's up with that ... don't worry I was with my sister once and she didn't know how to fill up either ... then again if her tire would go flat she'd be crying until some man in shining armour would save her ... I don't have time for fantasies ...

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 11:05 am
Quote:
their is a joke that
if you are chineese ETc,
and if you keep a Yalmaka in your glove compartent
and your car breaks down -
you PRESTO
put the kippah on your head.
someone will stop and help you

hilarious ... does the woman put on a sheitel Wink

Jo

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 11:33 am
I certainly know the theory of changing a tyre. I got a puncture once and got out the jack and spare wheel etc from the trunk and would have been able to change it if I had managed to get all the nuts undone - they are done up sooooooooo tight - for obvious reasons. I got 3 out of 4 loose and could not loosen the last one and at that point I asked someone to help me!

All the gas stations here are self service. Filling up with gas is very very easy!!!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 11:37 am
just hop on the thing with my full body weight ... works like a charm ...

Jo

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 11:41 am
Tried that - didn't work for the 4th nut!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 11:48 am
I guess it doesn't always work then ...
I had a guy offer help after he watched & I was finished ... I'm like why bother ... so I let him put the tire in the car ... THANKS FOR NOTHING ... this was at gas station near highway on my way from NY once ...
I'm summoning up my energies ... trying to get strength mentally before actually going out there ...

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:11 pm
Okay ... now that I have a little testosterone ... it's pouring ... now I'm not in the mood again ...

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:57 pm
withhumor wrote:
Greenf, you pay a measly fee per year, and it covers every tire change you’ll ever need, or any towing you’ll ever need, anywhere in the united states, can’t beat that when you’re driving with a car load of kid sin the middle of the night, across the country!

In addition to the services mentioned, you get significant discounts everywhere such as major parks, hotels, airlines, car rentals. It’s just a brilliant thing to have, I think it’s like $45 or $65 a year, not more.

I learned recently that u can only get AAA help 3 times a year-not unlimited- so check it out before calling too often. (for towing/tire changes etc.)
also, the cost depends on what services u want. the basic service ($45?) will tow u to the nearest service station only. more $$ ($75?) will toe u up to 150 miles- helpful if you break down while traveling.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics