Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Coffee Cake from Family First

SesameSeeds

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 1:01 pm
Hi,
Anybody have the recipe? Saw it in somebody's house and wanted to make it. Its from the past publication.

Thank you!!

basement

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 6:19 pm
1 1/3 c sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c oil
4 eggs
3 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 T vanilla sugar
1/2 t salt
1 c soy milk
2 1/2 T coffee, dissolved in 2 T water
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
Preheat 350. Beat sugars and oil together, add eggs beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients alternatively with wet ingredients, mix till well combined. Add applesauce at very end, mix till just folded in. Pour into greased tube pan.
Mix streusel (3 T oil, 1 c flour, 1/2 c sugar) there will be some left over. Sprinkle onto cake batter, bake for 55 minutes/clean toothpick or 20-30 mins for cupcakes.
Mix glaze ( 1/2 t coffee, 4 t hot water, 1 c confectioners' sugar, 1 T oil). Add more water or conf sugar as needed. Drizzle over cooled cake. Freezes beautifully.

basement

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 6:30 pm
Would love to hear if anyone has made this and has any feedback to share.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 8:20 pm
This was from last week's FF?
I love the forum BTW.
If this was the recipe from last week's FF I made it with all oil and regular flour, not ww. I wish it would have confirmed the proportions, I.e. "make equal substitutions." It was actually quite pleasant but dry, probably due to miscalculation on my part. To be honest, I don't know if it's going to be a go-to recipe. I'll have to try it again.

wereafamily

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 5:18 pm
I made it last week, the middle was raw and the outside was over baked! Never had this before.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 9:14 am
wereafamily wrote:
I made it last week, the middle was raw and the outside was over baked! Never had this before.

Maybe try this: take a sheet of foil larger than the pan, fold in four, cut out a circle (or rectangle for rectangle pans) a few inches smaller than the size of the pan. Cover the top of the pan, crimping on the sides. This allows the inside of the cake to bake well without drying out the outer perimeter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics