Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weighted hula hoop

HealthCoach

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 12:04 pm
Someone told me a weighted hula hoop is unhealthy for women, particularly for the uterus. I tried googling it, but cannot come up with info. Did anyone hear of this and have a source?

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 5:14 pm
Sounds like a bubbemeiseh to me. If using a weighted hula hoop is bad for the uterus, hauling a 20-30 lb. toddler balanced on your hip would be a whole lot worse. Not to mention all the other things women do, like push and pull heavy strollers, raise and lower heavy, recalcitrant windows, pick up roasting pans bearing 25-lb turkeys, and so on. Your uterus is pretty well anchored in there, you know?

I can see a weighted hula hoop being bad for your back if you use one that's too heavy and do too much, too soon.

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 5:24 pm
Through the years, many things have been alleged to be "bad for your female parts." When my mom was a teen back in the 1940s, she was told that any strenuous physical activity was bad for your female parts: running, lifting, rowing a boat, riding a horse... Most of the time it's the back and the joints that are most at risk, also whichever skeletal muscles are involved in the activity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise