Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
ISO Unique presentation ideas or easy and delectable recipes

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:45 am
ISO Unique presentation ideas or easy and uniquely delectable recipes for all courses of Yom Tov meals.

Inspiration, please.

Those who have been at fancy hotels or guests at fancy hosts houses, possibly saw unique presentation of foods on Pesach.

If you can find a link of similar food presentation to what youre describing, please share.

Sometimes a little creativity makes a huge difference in the way a plate looks.

TIA

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:09 pm
stacks are always pretty.

sweet potato and white potato stacks
eggplant parm stacks
eggplant topped wiith mashed sweet potatoes
roasted vegetable stacks

sky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:13 pm
Julienne vegetables. Strips of different colors on the plate. (green zuchhini, yellow zuchhinni, carrots)

Odelyah

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:34 pm
This is my super simple dessert presentation that I basically serve the entire Pesach. I make endless brownies, because I don't have a Pesach mixer and they are so delicious and easy (let me know if you want the recipe). So I take the plastic containers of (sweetened) frozen Bodek strawberries and buy a bottle of Kedem raspberry syrup, and after the strawberries are defrosted, I pour in a little of the raspberry syrup and blend with an immersion blender. That's it! Then you have a delicious and beautiful berry sauce to drizzle on the brownies when serving them (I plate them individually). If you don't have an immersion blender for Pesach it's worth getting one just for this. It's so easy, beautiful, elegant and delicious.

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:47 pm
Thanks to all the above! Yum yum yum! We all know that we almost taste with our eyes, and enjoy the food that much more if its presented beautifully.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:48 pm
twice-baked potatoes with sauteed onions or shallots

happytohelp

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 7:42 pm
Odelyah, I would love your great brownie recipe please- ure dessert idea sounded yumm

chaya35

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 7:54 pm
sky wrote:
Julienne vegetables. Strips of different colors on the plate. (green zuchhini, yellow zuchhinni, carrots)

Do you have a recipe for this?

sky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:35 pm
either of these I make year round: Using a julliene peeler you get almost a spaghetti like shape. The recipes are from kosher cooking magazines. I don't have the originals, but I tried giving credit to where I think it came from.

Oven steamed Juliened Vegetables (side dish or garnish) [Ami]
I like doing it with the colors separate and then place in stripes on the plate under the appetizer or serve as a side dish in a sectional candy platter.
Fore Pesach I peel the zuchhinis and they aren't as pretty. You can also do one color, when I do that I stick with the carrots.
8 servings

2 large carrots
2 medium zuchhini, washed and unpeeled
2 medium yellow zucchini, washed and unpeeled
2 T olive oil
1 T kosher salt
1/4 cup boiling water
1 lemon (optional)

Preheat oven to 400
Julienne vegetables with peeler. Place in roasting pan. Toss with olive oil and salt. Pour boiling water over veggies and cover tightly.
Bake 30 minutes. Stir. If ran bake uncovered another 5 - 10 minutes.

Squeeze lemon over veggies (optional)

Zucchini Spaghetti salad [Joy of Kosher Magazine]
This is more like a salad but can used similar to spaghetti on a plate

2 medium zucchini (1 1/4 lbs total)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 - 3 mini onions, slivered into thin rings
1 small garlic clove, very thinly sliced
1 cup grape tomatoes (5 oz) halved
2 cups mushrooms (5 oz) thinly sliced (optional)
kosher salt and pepper

Peel zucchini and trim ends. Julienne zucchini until the center seeds.
Lay out zucchini spaghetti in one even layer over doubled up paper towel. Let dry 4 hours.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in frying pan. cook zucchini until just heated, about 2 minutes. remove and set aside.
In the same pan add the rest of the oil and saute the onion and garlic and translucent about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms saute another 3 minutes. add grape tomatoes for 1 minute. toss with salt and pepper. Season zucchini with salt. Add rest of veggies. Serve room temperature.

sky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:36 pm
An easy dessert - is sorbet made with jello, fruit juice, sugar and water. In any color that is available - we try to do as many as possible. (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue (clear with food coloring), Purple).

Freeze in layers and serve as a scoop.

Lady Bug

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
stacks are always pretty.

sweet potato and white potato stacks
eggplant parm stacks
eggplant topped wiith mashed sweet potatoes
roasted vegetable stacks

Try scooping the mashed sweet potatoes on a circle of pineapple. Top with ground almonds and bake for 20-30 minutes. Yum! (I think you should mix some lemon juice/pineapple juice into the sweet potato mixture to blend the flavors)

chaya35

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 5:18 am
Thanks sky for recipe this is what I was looking for.

Odelyah

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 8:18 am
happytohelp wrote:
Odelyah, I would love your great brownie recipe please- ure dessert idea sounded yumm

So the brownie recipe is actually from Aish.com http://www.aish.com/h/pes/r/m/48965446.html but I'm pasting it below for your convenience. I make it as written except I use about 3/4 the amount of sugar (and it's still extremely sweet!). I look for chocolate chips with good ingredients (I.e. cocoa butter, not hydrogenated oil). I never tried the marshmallow creme variation although it sounds yummy. And I usually add walnuts to some of the brownies by sprinkling a batter-filled pan, or (half a pan), with chopped walnuts, right before baking. Or if I have whole walnut halves (is that an oxymoron?) I will place them strategically in a single layer on top of the batter before baking. The recipe says 9x9 but I think it works well in a 9x12. (You just need to spread and even out the batter in the pan with a spatula.) And I usually multiply the recipe in great quantities. You can double it for a large shallow pan (jelly roll pan?). I think I usually quadruple it, at least, and make two of those huge pans. (If you use a larger pan you probably need to bake it longer too, probably around 35 mins. or so, but be sure not to overbake so they don't dry out). Also I think I first mix the liquid ingredients separately and then add the dry and mix again, but this may not be necessary. But I remember being told by my friend who gave me the recipe that it's important not to overmix it. (I make it by hand with one big bowl and a fork! Super easy.)

Famous Passover Brownies (from Aish.com)

Description:

These are really good, a little more like fudge than brownies. Their presentation isn’t the most beautiful but their taste makes up for it.

Ingredients:

1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup potato starch
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 bag (2 cups) chocolate chips

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9” baking pan. Combine all ingredients and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 16 brownies. Recipe can be doubled. It’s so easy, your children can make this one. Can also vary it by adding marshmallow cream.

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 10:24 am
Rutabaga wrote:
twice-baked potatoes with sauteed onions or shallots

Whats twice baked potato?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:07 am
I was looking for pesach recipes and I saw this and I thought of this thread. I didn't even look at the recipe yet, just posted it first.

Mevater

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:38 am
yo'ma wrote:
I was looking for pesach recipes and I saw this and I thought of this thread. I didn't even look at the recipe yet, just posted it first.
OOOOOOOH! That first salad photo looks beautiful!

Has anyone ever tried cutting a cucumber in the length and gotten neat results with a peeler? Ill def try iyH! The horseradish in the ingredients somehow scares me though, tastewise.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:59 am
Mevater wrote:
OOOOOOOH! That first salad photo looks beautiful!

That's the one I meant Wink . I didn't even see the other ones until I finished posting this Smile .

Mevater

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 2:13 pm
Ive never been to a hotel on Pesach, but Im curious, for the prices they charge, do they do this kind of presentation of salads, and other fancy presentation of other foods?

If yes, please offer photos or descriptions like the one with the peeled cucumber posted by yo'ma.

THANKS YO'MA!!!!!! Its stunning and its only a matter of extra time, not extra money, and makes such a difference on the table.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 2:31 pm
Mevater wrote:
THANKS YO'MA!!!!!!

No problem!! I would never make it though. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics