Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Aliyah-where would we fit in?

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 9:59 am
We have always wanted to make Aliyah and 8 years ago bought an apartment in nachalot but have been renting it out. We are BTs and have become more "yeshivish" since we bought the apartment and think maybe the area is no longer a good fit. We have a son 8, a daughter 6, a son 3.5 and another son 2.5. My husband wears a white shirt and a black hat. Our kids don't watch TVs or videos but they read secular books. We are also supportive of the army and higher education/college. I know Israel is very segregated but is there a place for yeshivish BTs who also are ok with the army and college? That isn't super expensive? We don't want to have a car. We would Iike to make Aliyah this summer before our children get any older.

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 10:05 am
Ramat Beit shemesh sounds like it would work great for you. Givat Zev is also a nice option and not far from yerushalayim.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:14 pm
Myabe check out Ramat Beit Shemesh, Givat Zeev, or Kochav Yaakov.

Also, places in Yerushalayim like Ramat Eshkol or Ramot could work for you.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:34 pm
RBS yes. Would fit your hashkafa very well. There are pockets of Beitar (especially towards the bottom of A) that could work for you.

ora_43

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:36 pm
Sounds like "chardal"-ish (chareidi-dati-leumi) to me. I think Nachlaot might be worth a try.

Or maybe a yishuv - I agree w/amother that Kochav Yaakov could be a good fit, Beit El might be another option. In most dati leumi yishuvim the schools would be very zionist, so you'd have to be OK with that, but in terms of lifestyle it's about what you describe. (Cost of living would probably be lower than in a city, but maybe not if you'd need a car for work. Whether or not you would depends where and what jobs... ).

If I remember I'll ask my chardal-ish neighbors what they think Smile.

heidi

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:06 pm
Just adding my vote for Ramat Bet Shemesh א'
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions