Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO Cheapest cell company for minutes (not monthly plan)

mamaleh

Post Wed, Jun 04 2014, 3:56 pm
I have a cell phone that is not used very often (person who uses it is not always in the country) so a monthly plan does not make sense.
Does anyone know which cell company (with good coverage) has the best prices for buying minutes. I would also like to be able to text. Contact info or website would be very helpful, if you have it.
Thanks all!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 04 2014, 4:10 pm
Why not a pay as you go? As in putting in a certain amount of money into the sim card and then you have it for as long as you need it or the person who uses it.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Jun 04 2014, 4:23 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Why not a pay as you go? As in putting in a certain amount of money into the sim card and then you have it for as long as you need it or the person who uses it.

That's exactly what I meant. You pay for a bunch of minutes & then use them whenever you want.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 1:24 am
Bump-for the morning folks

frayda

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 1:53 am
Golan Telecom offers a 10nis plan - it includes 60 minutes a month and unlimited texting. After that the minutes are about 15 agurot each I think. I know you weren't looking for a plan, but depending on how often the phone is used, that might work for you.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 5:54 am
Pay as u go plans generally come out abt a nis a minute. If u use it regularly its probably worthwile to get a cheap plan and upgrading each time they come.
The other option is some companies allow u to suspend a plan when u r not using it.

mandksima

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 5:34 pm
frayda wrote:
Golan Telecom offers a 10nis plan - it includes 60 minutes a month and unlimited texting. After that the minutes are about 15 agurot each I think. I know you weren't looking for a plan, but depending on how often the phone is used, that might work for you.

We do this for my MIL who visits 2-3 times a year. She goes over the 10 NIS when she is here for 2-3 weeks each time but for the rest of the year, there is an extra cell phone around that has unlimited texting and 60 min of phone calls (great to have around for kids who don't normally have a phone but are going out and you'd love to be able to get in touch with them.)

So, for a year it is 120 NIS plus maybe up to 50 extra for those 2 overtime months. We had a pay as you go plan but we found that phone ate up 150 or more every visit. So the Golan plan was cheaper and better for us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions