Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Going to Israel with family what are some must go places?

smileyface

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 3:36 pm
PG this summer we are going to Israel for two weeks. We are staying I Efrat 20 minutes from Jerusalem. Planning my itinerary and Im looking for tips, things to do and places to go with my family. My kids are ages 1-8. we will have a car so it can be anywhere in Israel. TIA

rae gi

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 3:46 pm
Ferry boat on the Kineret
Biblical Zoo
Snorkeling in Eilat

Liebs

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 4:01 pm
FREE places:
Ashdod beach- has separate days but nearby is quiet area for little ones (w/o lifeguard) also near port has boat rides, nice parks & 5 min from chareidi kosher food places

if very hot day ikea is fun. one in Netanya so can do Netanya and ikea. has kosher food inside and play area and in summer diff projects etc. fun 4 kids to walk thru store of mini houses...

Lifta-small water thing...little hike down. pple bring carriages down. go after 4 cuz too sunny earlier

some nice parks around Jerusalem
Gilo park
mifletzet
gan ha'atzmaut

nice park near tel aviv-hayarkon (it's nicer than ganei yehoshua). has boating (costs $) & some animals

plenty to do. do u want to spend $ is safari, small amusement parks. depends if ur kids standards r American amusement parks ...

potatoes

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 6:47 pm
Besides for what other posters posted already,

Rosh Hanikra- stunning! (North East border-of Lebanon. By the Mediterranean)
Gan Vradim in Yeru
walk the walls of the old city of yeru.
there Tayelet Talpiyot in Yeru, but its more scenic, not sure how much fun for kids
Yam Hamelech! Separate beach available in Ein Bokek
Ein Gedi hike. Different paths (easier and harder) and pools on the way.
Masada may interest you, not sure about the kids. Maybe some of them.
Baniyas falls in the North
Camel riding in the south.
jeep tours, pretty much available in any part of Israel. Can do smoother ride for little kids.
Old City of Tzfat, Art Galary, Cheese factory etc.
biking along the Kinneret in Tiveria, beautiful. And you can stop at the Kvorim of the Holy People buried in the area.

Its full of nature. Hundreds of hikes and the like.
want more ideas?

smileyface

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:34 pm
thank you!

DrMom

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:56 pm
If you go to the North (which I highly recommend), you will want to stay overnight for 2-3 nights, and not commute from Efrat. True, distances are shorter here than in the US (not sure where you are from, so maybe it's not a relevant comparison for you), but driving takes time.

Yu may want to stay in a zimmer or small hotel up North for a few nights when exploring the Galil/Golan.

Some sights:

- Katzrin Talmudic village (a vilage from the time of the Talmud, with costumed guides explaining what life was like for Jews then; pita-making, ancient synagogue ruins, etc.)
- Olive oil factory
- Tel Dan/Banias - lovely national parks with cool water to dip in.
- Nimrod's Castle - Crusader ruins
- DeKarina Chocolate Factory Workshop

On the Mediterranean Coast:
- Caesaria
- Akko - Crusader ruins with audio guides
- Rosh HaNikra

Jerusalem: Tons of things
- Kotel
- Kotel Tunnels (book ahead)
- Burnt House - multimedia exhibit incorporated with archeological ruins
- Temple Institute - recreation of tools and equipment used in the Beit HaMikdash. Small place but informative.
- Biblical Zoo
- Ein Yael - ancient crafts workshops, nice and cool and shady and suitable for picnics. Great for kids!!
-Neot Kedumim - Near Jerusalem; Biblical landscape preserve. This is a very worthwhile place, also v good for kids.

Ton of places in the Negev, Tel-Aviv area, etc etc.
Plus there are always kibbutzim that have modest attractions (tractor ride though the kibbutz, visit the cow pen etc.)

Also, places in the Gush itself (your hosts can help with that).

amother

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 11:49 pm
Chavayot Animal Center
Chavayot Animal Center is a zoo that is unique in Israel and throughout the world, creating an exciting experience using live animals as an educational and therapeutic tool. Encounter over 1,000 animals from dozens of species: birds, llamas, alpacas, hog deer, raccoons, polecats, hares, guinea pigs, horses, ponies, veiled chameleons, special turtles, large and small rodents and insects – from all over the world.
Most animals on the farm are used to human contact and can be approached by visitors and patients (mainly children) receiving therapy.
Chavayot Animal Center
Yoni Yehuda: 052-2389945 Tel/Fax: 02-9931988 Office: 052-3272793/2

(this is in Gush - our kids loved it when they were small)

amother

Post Thu, Jun 12 2014, 2:17 am
Hi ! Good for u that ur going! I just for back from israel with my kids it was amazing! So Eilat has many water sports to do and is really nice but its a 4 hour drive and not worth to go for 1 day. I would tell you to to either take a flight there or drive and spend 2 or 3 days there. Tzuk menhara is gorgeous its in the north kids will really enjoy too. There are mAnyy zoos to go to... We went to one in katzrin. Go to teveria great shopping and the kinetet is really nice boating and stuff. Theres atv to do there if ur interested. Down south u can do yam hamelech, camel rides, jeeping.. Very interesting. Masada is beautiful and can go with all ages! Check out mini israel is nice... Then of course there are all the holy cites to see! Have fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions