Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Making Aliyah!!!!! So many questions - HOPE YOU CAN HELP
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 1:13 pm
HI - EVERYONE!! I have never introduced myself but upon doing research on Aliyah I came upon this site and it has been a wonderful resource of information and I hope to possibly make friends here as well!!

My newest development that I am making aliyah with-in the next few months
I am so excited to be making aliyah!! Is is a mix of emotions and I'm nervous, scared, excited, happy all in one!! I have a few questions that I am hoping some of you can give me your advice on.

I am expecting my third in September. Does anyone know if you get all the benefits including Sal Klita, insurance etc even if your are just pregnant and didnt have the baby yet??
I have two school age children and while I would like to go to this summer to get my kids into routine etc- I'm not sure how I will cope having a baby in Israel with so many new adjustments. Usually I do go away to a kimpeturim home like Eishet Chayil. DOes anyone know of a similar place like this? How much does it cost?

Did anyone have trouble finding school etc for their kids by making aliyah after the school year started?

Ideally, I would like to have the baby here. Rest for two weeks and go. this would be right before sukkos. Has anyone does this before or have any advice they could offer??

TYSM!! Looking forward to hearing from alllll of you!!!!

Anonymous bc I know a few people that visit this site and O have not broken the news to all of them - Would like to do personally Smile

[font=Tahoma] [/font][size=12] [/size][color=indigo] [/color][b]

mamaleh

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 2:00 pm
Mazel Tov!!! That is very exciting.
Do you know where you will be living? That might make a difference in terms of the school situation.
Also how old are your kids? School age is a very wide range.
Hatzlacha Rabba!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 2:23 pm
OP here -

I hope to live in the Yerushalyim area ( Sanhedria area) ? My husband has found a kollel there where he wants to learn. I have a 4.5 year old and an almost 3 year old!

mamaleh

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 2:46 pm
I don't know much about that area, but you are talking about Gan age kids. I think that should make it a little easier. You need to ask around about what gannim are available in that area then talk to the Gananot ASAP. Explain your situation & see if they are willing to work with you (you might have to pay for the month or two that you won't be here, in order to hold your spot)

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:11 pm
Aliya, how exciting!! And a new baby IY"H double exciting!! I think you should slow down. You're making my head spin. A few things -

Do your children speak hebrew? (do you?) (does your husband?)

Do you know that gan only goes till 1:00? Do you know that they speak Hebrew in gan? Your kids may need a lot of help adjusting to gan if they don't speak Hebrew. Coming after gan starts may actually work to your advantage. The first weeks of gan everyone is new. There are kids crying (especially 3 year olds), the ganenet has to give everyone special attention and your kids can get "lost". A few weeks later, all the other kids are settled in and the ganenet has a little extra time for your kids.

You're making aliya with a 2 week old? Do you have family here? do you have a place to move to? When will your lift come or are you all going to sleep on the floor for a few weeks?

Not my business, but you may as well get used to Israelis - Besides learning in Kolel is your husband planning on working? What do you plan on living on? (If I was a real Israeli I'd ask how much he'll make?)

why do you want to know how much these rest homes are in Israel if you're having your baby in America?

Did you open a Tik Aliya? Did you talk to Nefesh B'Nefesh or some other place for aliya advice?

Are you for real?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:22 pm
I live around your area. is the 4.5 yr old a son that needs to go to cheder? if not a daughter is easy to get into gan. as well maybe we can help you find a 3 yr old gan in advance.

grace413

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:26 pm
Logistically it will be difficult to get a passport and an aliyah visa for the new baby within 2 weeks after the baby is born. Speak to NBN about thisl

There tends to be a lot of bureaucratic running around when you first get here.

Re gan - are you talking about private gan or public gan. I don't think you can register for public gan until you are actually here.

They do have kimpeturim homes here but I don't know any details.

Wonderful that you are making aliyah. I'm sure you'll get a lot of good answers here.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 10:07 pm
[quote="Sanguine"]Aliya, how exciting!! And a new baby IY"H double exciting!! I think you should slow down. You're making my head spin. A few things -

Do your children speak hebrew? (do you?) (does your husband?) [[size=12]font=Georgia]No they do not speak hebrew (my children( My husband does and I understand most but cant read or write well.[/size][/font]

Do you know that gan only goes till 1:00? Do you know that they speak Hebrew in gan? Your kids may need a lot of help adjusting to gan if they don't speak Hebrew. Coming after gan starts may actually work to your advantage. The first weeks of gan everyone is new. There are kids crying (especially 3 year olds), the ganenet has to give everyone special attention and your kids can get "lost". A few weeks later, all the other kids are settled in and the ganenet has a little extra time for your kids.

I understand Hebrew is spoken and I am aware it is over at 1pm. Great point of coming after gan starts!!!! I never thought of it like that and I am LOVING that perspective and positivity!!!

You're making aliya with a 2 week old? Do you have family here? do you have a place to move to? When will your lift come or are you all going to sleep on the floor for a few weeks? My husband has a lot family that has offered to help. We could def stay by them till were settled. I am not sure about a lift. Does anyone have any info regarding sharing lifts etc?? How much and how long they take to arrive??

Not my business, but you may as well get used to Israelis - Besides learning in Kolel is your husband planning on working? What do you plan on living on? (If I was a real Israeli I'd ask how much he'll make?)
My husband is planning on doing some working to tie up ends. For now we are counting on our savings until hopefully we find jobs etc.

why do you want to know how much these rest homes are in Israel if you're having your baby in America?
I am considering having the baby in Israel and would like to hear ppl's experiences.

Did you open a Tik Aliya? Did you talk to Nefesh B'Nefesh or some other place for aliya advice?
Yes - we just filled out our application by NBN and we are looking forward to hearing more!!!

Are you for real?[/quote]

[font=Arial] [/font][size=18] [/size][color=indigo] [/color]

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 10:11 pm
[quote="amother"]I live around your area. is the 4.5 yr old a son that needs to go to cheder? if not a daughter is easy to get into gan. as well maybe we can help you find a 3 yr old gan in advance.[/quote]

I actually have two boys. Can you tell me more about the schools? We are charedi (not israeli) and follow sephardi minhagim but we dont mind sending to ashkenazi schools bc we are not very sephard-ish.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 3:16 am
OK - I'm calmer now that you said that your husband has a lot of family that you can even stay by (Is he Israeli?)

You have to learn how to quote on this site - At first, I didn't even realize that you wrote in replies. Whenever you post a reply with quotes or fonts or colors click preview before submit and then you'll see that you're not doing what you think

You're planning on coming 2 weeks after you have a baby? Two weeks after your due date or two weeks after the extra 2 weeks later that the baby may be born and still be considered on time? If just due date? What if the baby is late? IY"H, everything will be OK, and even if everything is fine, the baby can be yellow and that can hold you back 2 weeks (should I assume that you know it's not a boy? - don't answer but I'm assuming it may be a boy). There are other small problems with newborns - My daughter had a click in her hip - I don't remember what that meant and it was nothing but I think we had to go back to the Dr with her 2 weeks later (While the warranty was still good LOL )

(I hope your baby isn't colicky and all those loving relatives throw you out on the street after 2 sleepless nights)

If you're so calm, I think you should come in August and have the baby here. Come on a NBN flight if they have one then. I think it makes aliya a lot easier. If not, plan to come a little later than 2 weeks after birth.

Good-Luck

ETA: - I just realized why you're so desperate to make Aliya before Succot - It's a triple header this year - Th,F,S and again Th,F,S --- I would run too Very Happy

m in Israel

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 5:11 am
I also would lean towards coming before the baby -- taking care of all the inevitable running around with a newborn baby will be very difficult. There are "kimpeturin homes" here, although not as many as there used to be. There is one in Telzstone and one attached to Hadassah Ein Kerem called "Hadassah Baby". I don't know pricing, though.

I don't have time to get into all your questions now, but I just want to give my personal advice that unless things have changed drastically in the past few years, DO NOT go on a NBN charter flight with young kids. We did and it was such a huge mistake. The families with little kids were treated as "second class citizens" the entire trip. We were all seated together in the extra narrow seats in the back of the plane and everyone was very nasty when it took more time to get ourselves and our stuff together. We were the last ones off the plane, so we missed all the singing and dancing and our shuttle arrived at the terminal just in time for the speeches. And trust me, after the last minute packing and getting out to the airport and the 15 hours or so of checking in and traveling by the time you arrive, your 3 year old and 4.5 year old will not want to sit through a few hours of speeches, and then waiting for another few hours until they call you in to deal with your teudat olah and sal klita. The only benefit of the charter flight besides all the hoopla which you will probably miss is it saves you one trip to the misrad hapnim because they do the paperwork for your TZ. Honestly, I would have much preferred to get home 5 hours sooner and do the extra trip to the misrad hapnim a few days later!

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 5:41 am
So I take back what I said about coming on a NBN flight. I didn't come with NBN. I've greeted friends coming on Aliya with NBN and it's so exciting and touching (anyone looking for a different type of activity one morning - go greet a NBN flight - It's a real experience). But I can see how that "exciting and touching" doesn't appeal to someone who spent a very long night flying with 2 babies.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 6:41 am
I tend to think you should push it up or push it back....flying with a 2 week old is not a good time to come. There are tons of errands to do in the beginning..Your other kids are little enough that it doesn't make that huge a difference if they start the school year late, though if you stay and wait, you'll need to put them in nursery/kindergarden there.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 10:30 am
OP HERE!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone that has replied to me thus far!!! I feel so comforted knowing you all know what your are talking about...

So - I def have taken everyone's advice about not coming immediately after birth. The only reason I wanted to come right after was so my kids don't miss so much of school. I'm not prepared to leave this summer - just emotionally and mentally. I feel like I just need time to let the news seep in and say goodbye to all my family and friends. We are thinking more November/December now. It was so stressful to figure that out but thank you for everyone who helped.

BTW - I do have another friend who would be interested in Hadassah baby. Does anyone know prices/experiences??

Can anyone tell me more about Sanhedria? The school and the people? What is the difference between Sanhedria and Sanhedria Murchevet (did I spell that right?).

Thank you for that advice about the charter flight!! I def can skip the whole party for some sanity. My kids are pretty active and need space and constant stimulation? My husband was so into the charter flight but I think I will pass Smile

Does anyone know if its hard to change a a name in Israel on a teudat zehut by any chance? Just a random and complicated question.

I am reaaly looking for information sharing a lift w someone,even buying a small amount space from someone. I do not have to bring a lot of things at all but I do need some lift space? Can anyone share prices/info

November

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 10:44 am
I changed my name on my t. Z. and I don't remember it being a big deal.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 10:52 am
I also changed to my Hebrew name. It was nothing and I could have changed it to anything. Just hold onto the form forever after. I've needed to prove that I'm the same person when:
1- I switched my American license to Israeli
2- I needed my college Diploma (pretty funny - My first name changed here and my Last name changed when I got married (my original identity is all gone Sad )
3- If I fly to America My ticket is in my English name to match my US passport, but my Israeli passport is my Hebrew name like my TZ

amother

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:01 am
[quote="Sanguine"]I also changed to my Hebrew name. It was nothing and I could have changed it to anything. Just hold onto the form forever after. I've needed to prove that I'm the same person when:
1- I switched my American license to Israeli
2- I needed my college Diploma (pretty funny - My first name changed here and my Last name changed when I got married (my original identity is all gone Sad )
3- If I fly to America My ticket is in my English name to match my US passport, but my Israeli passport is my Hebrew name like my TZ[/quote]

OP here. How did you get your name to be changed on your Israeli passport not your American? And how do you change your TZ without documentation? Or a better question would be what documentation did you need to change your name on your TZ?

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 23 2014, 11:30 am
amother wrote:
OP here. How did you get your name to be changed on your Israeli passport not your American? And how do you change your TZ without documentation? Or a better question would be what documentation did you need to change your name on your TZ?

I came with an American passport with my English name. They don't give you your TZ at the airport. They give you something temporary with your English name (or even if they give you your TZ). You take whatever Oleh document they give you at the airport and go to misrad Hapnim and tell them that you want to change your name. And that's it. They give you that important piece of paper and they give you a new TZ. No one has anything official with their Hebrew name on it. You can even pick a totally different name. Just do that very first thing before you start to put your name on other things cause then you'll always be stuck with 2 names and never sure who you are. The only thing I ever use my English name for is plane tickets cause I'm not going to change my US passport. You don't get an Israeli passport till you're an Israeli citizen and then you come with your TZ. I guess I also used my English name when I registered my kids when they were born as US citizens or maybe I came with both passports (don't remember but I would assume that America doesn't care what you call yourself here

Marion

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 2:20 am
Funny, I had to fill out a "change of name form" to put my Hebrew name on my TZ. Generally they take it off your foreign passport.

Kupat cholim (insurance) benefits kick in as soon as you register with them. This is done at the post office for 11NIS (per person). Supplemental insurance (through the kupot or private) has various waiting periods.

SacN

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 2:39 am
I came november last year, expecting a new baby in January. It wasn't always easy, but certainly better than moving with a newborn and my baby had the zechus to be born in E''Y.

If you have any questions related to having the baby, I just experienced all of it! Pm me. Smile

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions