Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Parve kishke

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 7:22 am
I'm looking to buy a good parve kishe to add to cholent. For reference, we like the fleishig meal mart one.
Any recommendations?

kb

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:04 am
I make one with shredded carrots zucchini celery onion, mixed with oil, flour, salt and paprika. Is that what you had in mind?

pelle

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 11:21 am
I don't buy one either. I make the one from spice and spirit. it has carrots, celery and onion. it's really good. I double it, cut it in half after I bake it and put them in the freezer for future shabbos's.

yummydd

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 1:04 pm
I have suggested Tirnauers to a few people and they all love it. It's our family's favorite.

Aetrsnrady

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 2:14 pm
We like Tirnauers, but it hasn't been sold in my area recently so I buy A&B and we like it as well.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 4:01 pm
pelle wrote:
I don't buy one either. I make the one from spice and spirit. it has carrots, celery and onion. it's really good. I double it, cut it in half after I bake it and put them in the freezer for future shabbos's.

absolutely delicious but it was a lot of work - food processor, baking, cutting and freezing... (I always tripled, baked it in a 9x12 and then cut into about 8 pieces)

Anyway, a friend gave me a much easier recipe and delicious

fry half a small chopped onion (use a lot of oil - that's the trick to good kishke). Take off fire. Then add an egg. Flour to make the whole thing basically dry (like cookie dough would be). A little baking powder. salt and paprika.

Then just lay it on top of the cholent - I make a lot and cover the whole top. I once made with WW flour and it was very good.
It comes out tasting like kishke

zohar

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:39 pm
menachems is the best!

momto2

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:52 pm
The easiest and cheapest kishke recipe, tastes really good! I got it from here on imamother :-)
123 kishka
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste and lots of paprika for color
No baking necessary, just roll up in parchment paper and add to the cholent.
Always comes out delicious!

imeinu

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 12:49 am
momto2 wrote:
The easiest and cheapest kishke recipe, tastes really good! I got it from here on imamother :-)
123 kishka
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil

thanks for posting. I usually make with ground up carrots and onions, but this is too easy to resist trying! not so sure about the nutritional value, though...

Sanguine

Post Sat, Jun 28 2014, 2:31 pm
momto2 wrote:
123 kishka
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil

Just made this - It was delicious and soooo easy. It's now my favorite. The only thing I do different is I just place it straight on top of the cholent with no paper to cook. When I serve the cholent I cut it up in the cholent so there are pieces of it dispersed in the cholent. Was great

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jun 28 2014, 10:40 pm
Thanks yummydd and Aetrsnrady, I will try to find Tirnauers.
I tried A&B last week and I did not like it. This week I tried Unger's and it was pretty good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen