Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Reliable, affordable contractor in Baltimore MD?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 2:10 pm
Looking for a reliable affordable contractor to do lots of work in a home. It needs everything, carpet/laminate, painting, a bathroom, finishing a basement, blinds, knocking down a wall, taking out an old small kitchen, and building in a kitchen. Is there anyone good, honest, and affordable who you'd recommend to do all this? Or separate ones you'd recommend to do different things who could do this simultaneously?
Thanks

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 2:26 pm
We have used RPS, Ron Peretz, an frum Israeli man living in baltimore, for a lot of things. He is very competent, adn his prices are reasonable I think. Another advantage of using him, is that you dont need to worry about who you have in the house, he is a real mentsch and so are his workers. We have always been happy with work he has done for us.
We have also used Veiga services, his name is Julio Veiga, he is much cheaper in general, but his work is not always perfect quality. He has a bunch of Hispanic workers who are okay to have around. Why not get estimates from both of them? Sorry, I cannot find phone numbers for either of htem. If I find them, I will post them later. maybe look online for them.

Anon to avoid having my screen name matched iwth my location.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
We have used RPS, Ron Peretz, an frum Israeli man living in baltimore, for a lot of things. He is very competent, adn his prices are reasonable I think. Another advantage of using him, is that you dont need to worry about who you have in the house, he is a real mentsch and so are his workers. We have always been happy with work he has done for us.
We have also used Veiga services, his name is Julio Veiga, he is much cheaper in general, but his work is not always perfect quality. He has a bunch of Hispanic workers who are okay to have around. Why not get estimates from both of them? Sorry, I cannot find phone numbers for either of htem. If I find them, I will post them later. maybe look online for them.

Anon to avoid having my screen name matched iwth my location.

thanks so much !! if you could track their numbers that would be great. I really appreciate it!!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
thanks so much !! if you could track their numbers that would be great. I really appreciate it!!

One more question (sorry I'm new to all of this) So, when we hire a guy like one of these, do I personally have to go buy all the things like counters, shelves, and he'd put it in? Or does he give me what to choose from and we pick it out and he installs and makes the kitchen/bathroom, etc.

Also is there anyone that does flooring for inexpensive? I don't need fancy but something normal quality that looks nice. Anyone ever use the carpet warehouse:
http://thecarpetwarehouse.com/......html
this company?
Are they good?

Thank you all.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:

you will definitely be able to find RPS phone number in the advertiser. I can't find mine, but see if you can find one.

siyata dishmaya

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:48 pm
If doing a new home, not sure about contractor, by try 1-833- PLAYSET. I bought a beautiful swingset from them this season and they sell sheds as well!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 3:29 pm
don't know the business name but I've seen his work 443-475-7324

reputation of totally fair on the price, easy to deal with, quick clean work
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics