Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Paleo Diet Recipes

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 3:33 pm
My aunt is starting the Paleo diet for her Psoriatic Arthritis. She is on Humira, but still feels terrible and wanted to try something diet related as well. She asked me to help her come up with some meal ideas, so of course I decided to ask here.

All recipes and meal plans are welcome, and feedback on the diet is appreciated!

mandksima

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 12:43 pm
There are many inflamatory foods that are allowed on Paleo but still can effect her poorly. She may want to try the autoimmune protocol diet first which is extremely limited but if it works for her, she will want to see results right away. I've been on Paleo a few years already and don't find it limiting anymore. I also have autoimmune issues that I think could be helped by this autoimmune diet but I don't have the koach to put forth the energy required to figure out what to eat so I haven't started it yet. It is a catch 22 because I know I will have more koach if I try the diet...

Paleo recipes are everywhere on the internet. Basically Pesach cooking without anything processed, limited or no white potatoes, no sugar, no gluten, grains, legumes, vegetable oils etc. It is very health conscious so as high quality food as you can buy and can find kosher (organic, non GMO, hormone/antibiotic free/grass fed meats, free range/grass feed eggs.) Nutrient full as much as possible.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 1:23 pm
She is on the autoimmune protocol. Since it's so limited she is wondering what other people are eating out there. She hates fish........ hmm

Thanks so much for your response.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 1:30 pm
Wellness mama.com is also on the diet and she blogs about it. She has many recipes as well. Stir fry/stews/soups work well.

Nine days menu without fish is really hard tho. The diet is mostly grass fed meat and chicken
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise