Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Help me stop having a bad eye please

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 1:31 pm
I'm trying to work on my ahavas yisroel. But running into some trouble and need advice. I have a son with learning disabilities who had a hellish couple of years with a couple of rebbeim who should have retired already. BH my son is doing much better now, and one of the rebbeim now was made to have a co-rebbe, and the other was made to retire at the end of this year, so BH no other children will go through the rough times my son did. But I'm having trouble because one of these rebbes is our neighbor and every time his family does something obnoxious (like his boys all standing outside talking and laughing loudly at 2 a.m. and throwing cigarette butts in our lawn), I inwardly get way more upset than I should because of everything that happened with the father. Help please. I don't want to keep looking at their family with a bad eye. What practical steps can I take?

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 1:37 pm
When his children behave that way, it would just remind me what a rough life they are probably having at home because of their fathers' behaviors...

That's not necessarily the anecdote for a "bad eye," but it would help relieve some of the frustration.

life is fun

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 3:32 pm
do you think you are able to detach your feelings of what happened to whats going on now?
it may not be easy but they are two different things. its also important to get over of what happend and the upset feelings you have as a result of the difficult year.
I have learnt that one doesn't always get the best rebbes every year, some years are a disappointing experience

wishing you lots of strength
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics