Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Divorced Working Mothers, How do you Manage?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 9:20 pm
I'm divorced with two children and live in Boro Park. I will be working full time this school year iyh. Problem is that I have to leave at eight thirty and my son does not start cheder until ten oclock, which means his bus would arrive the earliest by nine fifteen. I have no family or neighbors who can help me out, and money is very tight so I can't afford to pay a babysitter even if I could find one. Any ideas?

imasinger

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 10:27 pm
Can you call the cheder and ask them for names of other boys who live nearby? Maybe one mother would be willing to take your DS in the mornings and bring him to the bus with her own. A good administrator should be able to steer you to the kind of person that would say yes. You may be able to figure something out that you can do in return.

Or maybe there is a rebbe who lives near who would be willing to take your DS in early and let him sit in his classroom in exchange for a small fee or favor.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 1:47 pm
imasinger wrote:
Can you call the cheder and ask them for names of other boys who live nearby? Maybe one mother would be willing to take your DS in the mornings and bring him to the bus with her own. A good administrator should be able to steer you to the kind of person that would say yes. You may be able to figure something out that you can do in return.

Or maybe there is a rebbe who lives near who would be willing to take your DS in early and let him sit in his classroom in exchange for a small fee or favor.
This.

Or is it an option to take ds with you to work and get the bus to pick him up from there?
He can bring a special book to read in those hours or stickers etc.

Edited to add that I am married and I had this problem. Dh works from 7am and cannot stay home later. I have to leave at 9 latest. Ds bus was coming at 915/930. A couple times I left him with a neighbor and eventually I managed to get them to change the bus route to pick him up first, it meant he was on the bus longer but he was picked up at 850.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers