Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do I clean the inside of my microwave?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:29 am
How do I clean the inside of my microwave?

saw50st8

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:32 am
Put lemon juice and water in a glass cup (50/50 mixture). Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Keep the door closed for another 5 minutes. Open and wipe down with a clean cloth or paper towel.

Undefined

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 10:33 am
Boil a glass of water in there so it gets all steamed up and the dirt is loose and moist, then wipe till clean.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:06 am
Undefined wrote:
Boil a glass of water in there so it gets all steamed up and the dirt is loose and moist, then wipe till clean.

Never boil plain water in the microwave. I've read that it can be dangerous.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:04 pm
I tried both methods several times, water with lemon juice and plain water. And lots of elbow grease between each round. Its much better but is nowhere near being clean. The rest of the grease is not budging. How do you clean a very dirty microwave?

saw50st8

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:25 pm
Spray something like lysol foaming bath scrub and leave it on overnight (since its your microwave, make sure the product has a hechsher - I never check for my toilet).

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:27 pm
OP: You would need a good foam cleaner, as well as a good brush to scrub it (if you only have a toothbrush that is fine, but a larger brush would be better). I wouldn't leave something on overnight because I don't believe that the benefits would be much greater than letting a product sit 10-30 minutes and then scrubbing it (also, I wouldn't want to open a close microwave and smell chemicals that were sitting there overnight!!).

In the future, wipe down your microwave after every use.
Good Luck

Chayalle wrote:
Never boil plain water in the microwave. I've read that it can be dangerous.

There is nothing wrong with boiling plain water in the microwave: you just need to be mature and careful....
http://www.wikihow.com/Boil-Wa.....owave

saw50st8 wrote:
Spray something like lysol foaming bath scrub and leave it on overnight (since its your microwave, make sure the product has a hechsher - I never check for my toilet).

I'm not sure everyone holds that non edible chemicals need a hechsher. She can check with her lor.

SingALong

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:45 pm
Ages ago I used to buy these special wipes u put inside the microwave, heat for a minute and then wiped own the microwave.

Now I just use a damp washcloth and wipe down daily
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry