Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Healthy brisket?

willow

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 3:53 am
Does anyone have a recipe that is so so soft and good but does not require the use of sugar, or onion soup mix?
I would really appreciate it if someone could post it.
Thank you Very Happy

qeenB

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 7:32 am
I let the meat marinate in lots of chopped onion, salt , pepper, wine, olive oil and if you want it a little sweeter grape juice if you want it with a little soy flavor some liquid aminos or soy sauce. when the meat is room temperature I bake in the oven depending on the cut of meat 3-5 hours. for brisket I find that it needs alot of liquid and alot of cooking time. so before I bake the brisket I add water to the pan to submerge the meat. I also found when I cook the meat at room temp as oposed to cold it cooks faster and softer good luck

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 9:06 am
I make mine simple with lots of onions and garlic, I would add a little olive oil and rub spices garlic powder, black pepper and paprika into meat ... and would add a little water after it has been cooking for about 30 min - helps with creating a gravy... then continue. If I cook it with potatoes, I would add celery and carrots as well and add the water from the get go - cause it helps the potatoes cook better. Oh and I bake it in oven at 350 for about 2 hrs ish depending on size ...

willow

Post Sat, May 26 2007, 10:36 am
qeenB and greenfire Thank you for posting your recipes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics