Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How Much Of Each (Clothes)

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:19 am
In your opinion, how many (subject to weather conditions)

-short sleeve shirts (or undershirts)
-long sleeve shirts
-pants
-shorts
-sweatshirts/sweaters
-PJs
-one piece outfits
-dresses

does a baby need from 6 until 12 mos.?

FORGOT: I don't own a drier.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:38 am
At least seven outfits, it doesn't matter if they are one or two pieces.

Seven pajamas

Ten undershirts

Zero dresses

2-3 sweaters

Without a dryer, I would say this is the minimum. I personally, would get more, though.

bnm

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:45 am
a lot if you don't have a dryer. sometimes certain things take 2 days to dry in the winter. does the baby spit up a lot? stay realitively clean when eating?

2gether

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
In your opinion, how many (subject to weather conditions)

-short sleeve shirts (or undershirts) -winter none
-long sleeve shirts- 10
-pants
-shorts -winter none
-sweatshirts/sweaters -1-2 for when it's extra cold
-PJs
-one piece outfits
-dresses - dresses

does a baby need from 6 until 12 mos.?

how do you dress her? you don't need pants and sweatshirts/sweaters and PJs and one piece outfits and dresses!
I for example like 2 pieces better then one piece outfits, so I have around 8+ pants and tops. less pants before they crawl. If you like one pieces then buy less pants and tops. plus 2-3 for shabbos.

pjs-I don't use them,especially if you use strechies, change clothes once a day or as necessary, unless it's fancy or uncomfortable.
dresses-there are so many fancy strechies, skip the dresses for a while

you forgot leggings which are mandatory in the winter

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:18 am
bnm wrote:
a lot if you don't have a dryer. sometimes certain things take 2 days to dry in the winter. does the baby spit up a lot? stay realitively clean when eating?

She's not a big spitter-upper but she does like to eat her clothes which gives them a spit-up smell. She just started eating... not sure what the future will bring. But I have bibs and will try to use them unless she protests!

2gether

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:38 am
amother wrote:
She's not a big spitter-upper but she does like to eat her clothes which gives them a spit-up smell. She just started eating... not sure what the future will bring. But I have bibs and will try to use them unless she protests!

then there is no need for extras!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:45 am
2gether wrote:
how do you dress her? you don't need pants and sweatshirts/sweaters and PJs and one piece outfits and dresses!
I for example like 2 pieces better then one piece outfits, so I have around 8+ pants and tops. less pants before they crawl. If you like one pieces then buy less pants and tops. plus 2-3 for shabbos.

pjs-I don't use them,especially if you use strechies, change clothes once a day or as necessary, unless it's fancy or uncomfortable.
dresses-there are so many fancy strechies, skip the dresses for a while

you forgot leggings which are mandatory in the winter

Those are all the "categories" I thought of. Obviously a one piece is instead of buying another shirt and pants. A dress is for Shabbos or instead of a shirt and skirt (summer).
Add leggings and socks Smile

Iymnok

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:51 am
Why get leggings and socks when you could get cute tights?
I found an undershirt, dress and tights cute and easy diaper change. Add robeez and a headband and you have irresistible!
Get hand me downs if you could.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:00 am
What type of weather do you get? Are you looking for the weather now vs buying for say spring/summer?
If you are in LA vs NY it matters a lot.
Where I live we got really warm weather when my LO was 6 months. Onesie (colored) was casual wear when not going out. Pants added for outside. No pjs needed, just another undershirt type onesie. I did own more but didn't use much of it unless we were going out and I wanted the LO to look extra cute!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:22 am
amother wrote:
What type of weather do you get? Are you looking for the weather now vs buying for say spring/summer?
If you are in LA vs NY it matters a lot.
Where I live we got really warm weather when my LO was 6 months. Onesie (colored) was casual wear when not going out. Pants added for outside. No pjs needed, just another undershirt type onesie. I did own more but didn't use much of it unless we were going out and I wanted the LO to look extra cute!

I live in Israel. It's still very warm during the day unless it rains and chilly at night. I did the same thing w/ DD when she was a newborn in the summer. My apartment was so hot that I couldn't even swaddle her!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:25 am
Iymnok wrote:
Why get leggings and socks when you could get cute tights?
I found an undershirt, dress and tights cute and easy diaper change. Add robeez and a headband and you have irresistible!
Get hand me downs if you could.

I have cute tights Smile I'm just worried that they bothered her and they're very hard for me to get on. I also love handmedowns, but don't have so many as she's #1 and the only girl cousin is currently wearing a similar size to her, even though she's older Smile You are reminding me that I can ask my MIL to get me stuff from the gemach. One time, she brought me beautiful stuff, most of it looked very new.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:31 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
At least seven outfits, it doesn't matter if they are one or two pieces.

Seven pajamas

Ten undershirts

Zero dresses

2-3 sweaters

Without a dryer, I would say this is the minimum. I personally, would get more, though.

Thanks! Just curious why you say 7 pajamas. I've been using fleecy footsie stretchies (or cotton when warmer) and find that they don't usually get as dirty.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 1:34 pm
amother wrote:
I live in Israel. It's still very warm during the day unless it rains and chilly at night. I did the same thing w/ DD when she was a newborn in the summer. My apartment was so hot that I couldn't even swaddle her!

I'm in Israel too. I find that layering helps. So its nice to have a 3 piece outfit that during a day like today can be worn without the sweatshirt on top, but in the evening you can put it on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics