Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Preschool DS constant stomach issues. HELP! (TMI)

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:52 pm
I don't know what to do about this, but my preschool DS has chronically loose stools. It doesn't seem to matter what he eats (although his diet is fairly varied) and it has been going on for a few weeks already. He doesn't go to the bathroom in school, but before school or when he gets home he goes a few times a day. It's pretty messy which is really frustrating because I was trying to teach him to finally wipe himself. Obviously I can't do that anymore until this goes away. And the bathroom, and his clothing.... well, those are often affected too. What could be causing this? What can I do to get him back to normal?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:58 pm
Can you find out if he's allergic to anything? DS had this too for a very long time and interestingly enough I took him to an alternative practitioner who doused that the water he was drinking was bad for him. We changed him to bottled water and the difference is startling. No more loose stools b'h!

abs

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 6:22 pm
Flushable wipes

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:
Can you find out if he's allergic to anything? DS had this too for a very long time and interestingly enough I took him to an alternative practitioner who doused that the water he was drinking was bad for him. We changed him to bottled water and the difference is startling. No more loose stools b'h!

My son had crazy issues and when we finally had him diagnosed it was Celiac Disease. When I researched it, I found that Celiac usually manifests itself in stomach issues, but he had Failure to Thrive, constant vomiting and other symptoms. The doctor didn't think much of it, but I went crazy until Dr. Google came to the rescue!

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 6:31 pm
I would have the doctor do a stool analysis. It could be a bug.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 7:30 pm
My daughter had the same issue, and taking her completely off dairy fixed it.

pelle

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 9:02 pm
take him to a dr. I agree he needs a stool culture.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 9:18 pm
My son had this for a long time, and dr.kept on dismissing it.
Don't know 100 percent for sure but I have a feeling it was an effect of pinworms.
Does he have any symptoms of that like itching, nausea,poor appetite, waking up at night etc?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics