Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What time do you have dinner during the week?

Pita

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 11:55 am
Right now school ends at 3pm and bed-time is at 8pm. We have a light snack and have dinner at 5:30 PM. We are working on bed-wetting issues so try to finish by 6pm. But two kids want to take lessons (fencing and gymnastics) from 5:30-6:30 pm. Given bed-time would you have an early dinner (withthout Dad) and then a snack before bed, or a big snack and then a 7pm dinner?

What do you do?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 12:13 pm
Kids home at 5, they need time for homework, unwind, free time... we eat around 8, 8.30. They go to bed from 8.30 to 9.30. Normal hours in my country from what I know. Couldn't organize myself for early times like on Imamother, honestly, and early supper makes me feel old and bored Smile

If they have to be in bed at 8, I'd wait for dad as I find it crucial.

Pita

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 12:17 pm
Thanks! BTW, my kids are only 4, 7, and 9 right now. Laterbed-time won't work, kids are tired in am when they go to bed later.

pickle321

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 12:26 pm
Pita wrote:
Right now school ends at 3pm and bed-time is at 8pm. We have a light snack and have dinner at 5:30 PM. We are working on bed-wetting issues so try to finish by 6pm. But two kids want to take lessons (fencing and gymnastics) from 5:30-6:30 pm. Given bed-time would you have an early dinner (withthout Dad) and then a snack before bed, or a big snack and then a 7pm dinner?

What do you do?

I think you should give them a big snack and dinner at 7 because they will probably get very hungry from gymnastics and fencing lessons.

Pita

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 12:37 pm
pickle321 wrote:
I think you should give them a big snack and dinner at 7 because they will probably get very hungry from gymnastics and fencing lessons.

Good point. Also a big dinner just before gymnastics is probably not a good idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children