Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Disposable Candle Holders

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 8:54 am
I have a leichter which holds ten candles. I always use the disposable candle holders (they look like heavy-duty aluminum foil cups). I was always able to get the holders (40 in a box) that could be used for both standard 3 hr. candles, OR tea light candles. Lately I only see the holders for standard size candles, but have not seen the tea light foil holders in a very long time. Does anyone know if they still exist? Please let me know, and if so, where I can find them.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 8:52 am
BUMP

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 1:53 pm
how about just purchasing the tea lights that come in their own disposable tin ... they're sold right next to shabbos candles

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 6:10 am
greenfire wrote:
how about just purchasing the tea lights that come in their own disposable tin ... they're sold right next to shabbos candles

It's just that I have a beautiful brass leichter, and I really want to use the leichter every friday night, but instead of using the tall thin candles I'd like to put in those tin holders that will securely keep tea lights in place...they have a special groove specifically for use with tall candles and/or tea lights, both options in the same holder. I wish I had a pic to post here, but regretfully I do not. I used up my last box without realizing that they could not be replaced. I live in Michigan, but would not mind ordering them online if you know of any place that does have them. One Stop kosher market does not, and also the Paper Place. Not too many kosher markets in our part of town.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:20 am
Is this what you are referring to?

Candle holders

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:40 am
amother wrote:
Is this what you are referring to?

Candle holders

Yes. You are amazing. Thanks so much!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:44 am
oh I see they are a tad different ...

my daughter just bought candle holders that can fit different types of candles - maybe she needs those too so they don't get waxy & messy

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:50 am
OP here....ooops I went to the website and they are out of stock Sad

Any other suggestions? At least now everyone knows what I'm looking for Smile

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 10:07 am
http://manischewitz.elsstore.c.....08304

kb

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 10:14 am
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb.....2C207

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:08 am
Some people make large tinfoil flowers, with the candle stuck into the middle. I have seen that, it looks nice.

myself

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:42 am
Why can't you put them on top of the foil holders without the groove? It sits nicer with a groove but I don't think it's technically safer. I've done that many times on second day y't when I often use tea lights.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 12:09 pm
Setting the candelabra on a large metal tray with little feet is a good safety measure. Or, a large piece of glass. Perhaps mirrored glass. That way, if anything falls off, it falls on a heat-proof surface. Not a tablecloth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics