Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Nightgown or PJ's?

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 12:29 pm
Just curious, what do you sleep in on a regular night?
As a girl I always wore PJ's and started off marriage in PJ's
As my kids age I am gradually switching over to (tznius) nightgowns so I don't need to change before I see my kids in the morning.

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 12:40 pm
T-shirt and underwear.

If I leave my bedroom, I pop on shorts/skirt/PJ bottoms before leaving my bedroom, plus a sweatshirt if it's winter. I have no issue with my kids seeing me in shorts/PJ bottoms & a t-shirt.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 12:40 pm
I usually wear a short, sleeveless nighty. Sometimes leggings and a tee/tank shirt. I don't care if my kids see me untznius.

rosenbal

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 12:54 pm
Pjs. Long sleeves, long pants. I don't care if they see me in pj pants (although I don't wear pants in public). I wouldn't wear sleepwear in front of them that showed erva. Those are well hidden in my bedroom.

lfab

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 12:56 pm
Sweat pants/yoga pants, and a t-shirt. At this point I only have girls so I don't care if they see me in pants/short sleeves. Maybe if I had a son and he was old enough I would be more careful (though I still think I would sleep in pjs because I find nightgowns uncomfortable and I would just throw on a robe or skirt before leaving the room).

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 1:32 pm
Tank top and undies, unless it's cold.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 1:49 pm
PJ pants and a tank top. were it possible, if I lived alone on a warm deserted island, these would be the only items of clothing I would ever wear, 24/7, 365

ms5771

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 1:59 pm
I do the same as you. I used to wear sweatpants and just a long-sleeved shirt, but now that my kids are getting older, I switched to a robe.

Last edited by ms5771 on Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 2:12 pm
DrMom wrote:
T-shirt and underwear.

If I leave my bedroom, I pop on shorts/skirt/PJ bottoms before leaving my bedroom, plus a sweatshirt if it's winter. I have no issue with my kids seeing me in shorts/PJ bottoms & a t-shirt.

Curious, you okay with older sons 13+ seeing you like that?

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 2:16 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:

I don't have any 13+ sons, but in principle:

In shorts + t-shirt or pj bottoms + t-shirt?
Yes.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 2:16 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:

My son is only eight, but I for sure won't ever care if he sees me in pants/leggings. Shorts, I guess I'll find out if I care in a few years. My nighties I assume I'll stop wearing in a few years in front of him.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 2:58 pm
Tznius robe/nightgown and a snood, no socks. I don't have time to get dressed until after (almost) everyone has left the house. It really helped me this morning when dd refused to go downstairs herself like she does every morning. I was able to walk her to the street. Can't do that in pjs.

mommy12

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:40 pm
T-shirt or sweatshirt (our room can be freezing at nights) and a pair of sweatpants.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:42 pm
teawithlemon wrote:
Just curious, what do you sleep in on a regular night?
As a girl I always wore PJ's and started off marriage in PJ's
As my kids age I am gradually switching over to (tznius) nightgowns so I don't need to change before I see my kids in the morning.
Nightshirt.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 6:28 am
Nightie/nightgown. With enough sleeve and skirt to be fine,but not tznius.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 6:31 am
summer: sleevless shirt and shorts
winter long sleeve shirt and sweat pants.

and same as drmom. if I would have a sone over 13 (I only have n almost 7 year old daughter Wink ) it would not bother me either if they saw me in my pajamas.

chani8

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 8:04 am
When I was charedi, I was taught that the children should only see their mother dressed. A robe is even not considered so mikubad, but that depends on your community.

Nowadays, I still don't leave my bedroom in anything that reveals more than my kids should see of their mother. This winter, I'm wearing a big sweatshirt that doesn't reveal my bra-less outline and covers my tush, with stretchy pants.

nyer1

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 8:14 am
I only have very very young children, but in theory, I don't think I would mind if my older sons saw me in pants. probably not a tank top because that's a lot of skin, but a t-shirt and pants? I don't think I would mind… they see it all the time on the street. assuming I'm covered, I don't think it's a big deal.

that being said, for now, I alternate between nightgowns / robes / pajama pants / tshirts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics