Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Would you drink strawberry smoothie mm?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:37 pm
I am considering making smoothies for mm, along with something else. If I were to use frozen strawberries (not bodek), would you be comfortable drinking it? Most people hold that strawberries don't need to be checked if pureed, but I am nervous that some of our friends might hold otherwise. I don't know if any friends are actually on this site, but just curious what you guys think.

granolamom

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:44 pm
I personally only like fresh smoothies. once they've sat around for a while, they arent very appetizing to me. any homemade goods will possibly create kashrut issues, those who eat in your home will eat it and those who dont wont.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:48 pm
I would make it. If some won't want to eat it, that's their decision.

I'm thinking along the same lines now with my mm. Not strawberries, but other foods people might not eat because of their stringencies.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:49 pm
I'd only eat pureed strawberries from Bodek

momofqts

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:53 pm
Whenever I make homemade mm, I put in a note saying anything people would b concerned about

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:57 pm
I wouldn't care what kind of strawberries, but if you know it's going to be an issue for some, why not try to come up with another idea? If you are set on smoothies, there are less controversial fruits.

Barbara

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:
I am considering making smoothies for mm, along with something else. If I were to use frozen strawberries (not bodek), would you be comfortable drinking it? Most people hold that strawberries don't need to be checked if pureed, but I am nervous that some of our friends might hold otherwise. I don't know if any friends are actually on this site, but just curious what you guys think.

I don't have a problem with frozen strawberries, but it would still go straight in the trash, unless it just so happened that you were pouring it out of the blender when I happened by, and I was in the mood for a smoothie. If you were driving around with it for more than 15 minutes, or had to leave it at my door it would be revolting.

IMNSHO, MM need to be shelf stable, meaning that they will stay for at least a couple of hours.

Sorry.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:39 pm
Thank you for the responses.
In regard to freshness, I would probably make it the night before and put it in the freezer. This way it wont wont get all yuck when out for a few minutes. It will also help for the few that don't live on my immediate block. Everyone else that I will be delivering to are really close by too.

However, based on your responses I may be ditching the idea. Thank you

good times

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:39 pm
I'd drink it. sounds yummy to me!

sourstix

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:54 pm
according to the rav that I hold he says that pureed has to be done in such a fine manner that we cant do it just with any blender. so no I wont. I would if it was bodek though

oliveoil

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 9:58 pm
I wouldn't because of the freshness issue.

rachel6543

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 10:32 pm
good times wrote:
I'd drink it. sounds yummy to me!

Agreed! Sounds awesome

Twinster

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 12:23 am
I love the idea! What other food would you add to the mm?

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 12:26 am
sourstix wrote:
according to the rav that I hold he says that pureed has to be done in such a fine manner that we cant do it just with any blender. so no I wont. I would if it was bodek though

Can you share details please? I am curious about this psak, which rav, which type of blender... just curious.

In response to OP, I'm not sure. I'd be a little wary of the freshness unless I trust you very well. If it looks and smells really good then maybe. I'd need to know all the ingredients as we have three different fruit-related allergies in our family. Purim is an anxious time that way, so much food going around...

imasoftov

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:34 am
If I wanted to know if my friends would eat (or not) something, I'd ask a few directly, because asking a worldwide list of anonymous women would be sure to get answers from people from different communities with different standards.

loveandpeace

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:50 am
[quote="Barbara"]I don't have a problem with frozen strawberries, but it would still go straight in the trash, unless it just so happened that you were pouring it out of the blender
, MM need to be shelf stable, meaning that they will stay for at least a couple of hours.

[quote]

sky

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 2:42 pm
I would only eat bodek.

Last year I got a strawberry drink in a sealed glass bottle from a neighbor (pareve). My kids loved it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics