Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I HATE SNOW DAYS.....(the "shout" capitals were necessary)

debsey

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 4:50 pm
Just venting...
Thank you.
Now I feel better.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:10 pm
When I heard it was a snow day at 5am it seemed like a great idea (I'm a teacher). But now at 5pm I'm not so sure.
Hang in there it's almost Spring!

edit for typo

Last edited by OutATowner on Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

mfb

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:18 pm
What areas had enough snow for snow day today?

Deep

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:19 pm
Come on over here! No snow days in Montreal, life goes on....

debsey

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:16 pm
Deep wrote:
Come on over here! No snow days in Montreal, life goes on....

The moving van is already booked! ...... I'm a member of the "anti-snow-day" league.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:22 pm
Umm if you are a fan of non snow days might I suggest that you at least move somewhere with nice warm weather all year round. NOT MONTREAL

Kumphort

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 7:24 pm
Umm if you are a fan of non snow days might I suggest that you at least move somewhere with nice warm weather all year round. NOT MONTREAL

debsey

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 7:52 am
Kumphort wrote:

Hahaha....I'm a fan of not having school cancelled and not having 8 overstimulated, cranky, on-each-other's-nerves kids home!
In the morning, it was great. By 5:00, everyone was annoyed with everyone and guess what - I WORK FROM HOME! So you can imagine what my day was like. Usually, working from home is GREAT but not on snow days.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:11 am
Debsey, write a book.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:12 am
Kumphort wrote:

UMM. LIke Atlanta? Jerusalem?

In major Canadian cities, we don't shut down for a little, or a lot of snow. In a warm city, a little snow can shut a city down for days. Atlanta had more snow days in 2014 than we did here in Hamilton, ON which is not a major enough canadian city to have a foolproof transit system like Toronto or Montreal.

Speak of what you know. We are talking snow days here, not weather.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:16 am
Please note that while school buses were shut down, school was not shut down. for 35 CENTIMETERS (thats over a foot) and many workplaces did choose to shut down but not the schools.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2.....year/

debsey

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:41 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Debsey, write a book.

I sometimes fantasize that I'm on a reality TV show, because the circus never ends here and I imagine it must look amusing when you're NOT ME........I just have never found the hidden cameras!

JK
My kids are usually adorable and I love their company. Not when I have deadlines to meet and they're all in bad moods.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:49 am
Once in a decade or so, we get crazzzzzy snow. Schools may be shut in the countryside, small places etc. But, we deal.

As for snow days I feel if people didn't make it this stressing concept of "having to" (bake, play THAT game..) it would be like any day at home...

monseychick

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:57 am
removed for being nasty

deena19k

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:49 am
monseychick wrote:

Removed

This is disgusting. And yes, I reported your post.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:16 am
monseychick (call your bluff though I think you live in lkwd, but whatever) what in the world does your post mean? it makes no sense.
Do you even know debsey personally.

Can you ever write something nice? so many of your posts are so nasty.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 12:01 pm
wrote:
Debsey, debsey, debsey... Trouble in paradise. ???

Maybe if Daddy got a job like an adult instead of being an overgrown cheder yingle, Mommy Debsey could make hot cocoa, for the kiddies and sit by the fire place and sing , "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow "....

There is a mommy and tatty for a reason...

Because everyone whose husband is working is a SAHM.
I think I'll start a poll Dancing

debsey

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 4:12 pm
monseychick wrote:
Debsey, debsey, debsey... Trouble in paradise. ???

Maybe if Daddy got a job like an adult instead of being an overgrown cheder yingle, Mommy Debsey could make hot cocoa, for the kiddies and sit by the fire place and sing , "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow "....

There is a mommy and tatty for a reason...

My husband HAS a job. It's called learning in Kollel. He doesn't earn a SALARY, but he does have a job. (Actually he has a klei kodesh related part time job- he gives a shiur - which does earn him a bit more than the standard Kollel guy, but whatever, for all intents and purposes, he's a kollel yungerman.)

Mommy Debsey could just as easily be one of the hundreds (if not thousands) of two income couples in the world, where both Mommy and Tatty work, but Tatty has a commute and is not home, Mommy has a work-from-home job, and OMG - it's a SNOW DAY, which would be GREAT if I taught kindergarten or even college - but is NOT so great when I run a business from home and there's a hard deadline of some forms that have to be filed and registered with a government office TODAY and it's NOT an office in our region, which means they are open.......

And keep in mind- when a work from home Mommy has a snow day like this, it's AWESOME that Kollel Tatty is home from 2-4 every day, because HE can make hot cocoa and roll around in the snow with various and sundry little people. Sorry, Monseychick - I'm a feminist - MEN are perfectly capable of making hot cocoa. My guy is even better than me at it.

Thanks for your concern - I never depicted my life as perfect, just as comfortable for ME.

B"H, these are what we call NORMAL troubles. Kids fighting at 5PM when I have a deadline to meet is B"H normal. For abnormal tzaros, we can always visit the NICU or Sloan-Kettering. I'll keep the ones I've got!
debsey

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:05 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children