Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
How to prepare halibut on the stove?

sped

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 4:12 pm
I bought some frozen fillets and defrosted them. I do not have a Pesach oven, don't "brok" and am out of potato starch. Now what?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 4:16 pm
sped wrote:
I bought some frozen fillets and defrosted them. I do not have a Pesach oven, don't "brok" and am out of potato starch. Now what?

I'd saute them in a bit of oil and when they are almost done I'd include a couple of tablespoons of something acidic like lemon juice.

sped

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 4:32 pm
Thanks. So I should heat up some oil, add the fish, fry on both sides and sprinkle on some lemon juice?
I guess I would add some salt and maybe crushed garlic.
Thanks.
Anyone else?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 4:45 pm
If you are using garlic, add it when you put the fish in the pan.

sped

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 5:35 pm
Shall do. Thanks.

Tzippy323

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 5:47 pm
A great way to prepare any frozen fish is to do it with veggies and 'make' an oven Smile Grate some carrots, chop red onions and scallions, and you can use some frozen broccoli if you want. Spray the bottom of a large skillet. Place half the veggies on the bottom, lay the fish on top, and place the rest of the veggies on the fillets. Take some salt, pepper, and paprika, and sprinkle on top. Take a very large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, double it, and make a tight fitting cover for the skillet. Put it over very low heat - NO PEEKING! After 20 minutes or so, remove the cover and turn the fillets. Re-cover the pan and wait another ten minutes or so. DELICIOUS for Pesach or during the year! Have a great Yom Tov!

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:22 pm
Interesting thread for me. I've heard of halibut before but never thought people actually eat it. What kind of fish is it; what kind of taste does it have? Same kind of taste like tilapia-fishy taste? Or more mild?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics