Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Need help with an assignment PLS!

Anion7

Post Fri, Apr 17 2015, 12:20 am
This sounds strange, I know! But I have an assignment to write an essay about segulot associated with an animal. I found one source for camels so I decided to do that. Does anyone have any other ideas of segulos/traditions/superstitions having to do with camels? Or a bunch of sources for a different animal? TIA!

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Apr 17 2015, 12:37 am
what about shluach haken? It's a segulah for long life.

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Apr 17 2015, 12:40 am
To add to the bird theme, there's a superstition that if a bird flies into your house, it's a symbol of good luck. Same for of a bird poops on you - it's a siman bracha. There's also the thing of putting pigeons on the stomach to heal hepatitis. Also the whole yona with noach - that's probably the source of birds carrying a good message.

Anion7

Post Fri, Apr 17 2015, 12:44 am
Lady Bug wrote:
To add to the bird theme, there's a superstition that if a bird flies into your house, it's a symbol of good luck. Same for of a bird poops on you - it's a siman bracha. There's also the thing of putting pigeons on the stomach to heal hepatitis. Also the whole yona with noach - that's probably the source of birds carrying a good message.

Wow thanks for the reply! Don't think I can write about birds because that's an obvious one. It has to be original. Thank you though, I do appreciate it! Smile

oliveoil

Post Fri, Apr 17 2015, 12:52 am
I think sephardim have some interesting ones.

The birds that they put on a person's chest when they have hepatitus.

they also use sheep for some things, I think. I remember someone telling me about a guy who shechts a sheep every time he opens a new branch of his business. and somone else telling me they were followed down the highway by a guy with a sheep in the trunk of his car wanting him (the rabbi) to bless it.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Apr 17 2015, 11:10 am
The sheep head that some people put on the table on Rosh Hashana.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics