Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Nyack Hospital for Pediatrics - askan to involve? Transfer?

amother
White

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 8:48 pm
My friend's baby was taken to Nyack's ER, and she still doesn't have a diagnosis nor does she know the name of the doctor who's caring for the baby.

Do you have any experience with this hospital? Is there anyone who could help her out, to advise, guide her? An askan, or hospital liaison? WOuld you say she should transfer to a different hospital?

Seeking any and all helpful suggestions or advice.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 9:01 pm
I don't know anything about Nyack hospital, sorry. She can try Echo, Bikur Cholim of Monsey or maybe her pediatrician can help her.

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:24 pm
Very typical of that hospital. Let her see herself outta there asap. Dunno how though. I've heard multiple stories from family abt that er

amother
White

Post Mon, Apr 20 2015, 11:40 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Very typical of that hospital. Let her see herself outta there asap. Dunno how though. I've heard multiple stories from family abt that er

where to?

im here!

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 12:50 am
you can try
itzy twersky 718-614-3434
lazer hager 917-682-1124 or
shuki berman (you must leave a message & he or his secretary calls back) 718-437-7474

hatzlocha! refuah shelaima

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 6:28 am
Depends on what her baby is there for. And let her ask who the doctor is. Nyack is a community hospital not a bit name city hospital but depending on what it is for it may not make a difference.

For what it's worth I had great care there. I was not a pediatric patient at the time though.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 7:17 am
Refuah Helpline (845)782-2000

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 7:35 am
Her pediatrician should work on her behalf. I was taken there for a serious emergency and my child's pediatrician arranged for a helicopter transfer to westchester. Also bikur cholim of Rockland speak to Mr Reiner. Refuah shilaima.

shoshana2

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 8:47 am
Shuky Berman /Refuah Resources- 718-437-7474 - he will walk you through the whole process and has the best information

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 2:36 pm
thank you so much everyone! She got in touch with a Mr. Fisher from Bikur Cholim of Monsey who advised her so far to stay. I truly hope her baby will be out of there fast healthy and well so that she won't need these services anymore.

nywife

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 3:31 pm
tweety1 wrote:

I would be cautious about giving such advice, especially when it's based on stories you've heard. We're talking about a child's health here. Let the people who really know the ins and outs advise her.

amother
White

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 9:13 pm
update:
they were bh released today
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics