Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sleepless nights! please help!

Dolly1

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 2:29 pm
5 yr old dd is a terror at night. She doesnt stop waking up!!! Sometime I feel like I´m having it!!! What am I supposed to do?! I tried EVERYTHING already!! I know she is a little scared. So I tried giving her dolls and teddy´s to hug at night. I leave on a lamp... etc. She keeps on waking up for no reason. sometimes every 5 min. I seriously dont know what to do anymore! I always tell her that she can come into my bed as soon as it´s light outside but not before that.
PLEASE help me! I´m running on no sleep and cant anymore!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 2:32 pm
Not listening No, don't you say... can it really go on for this long???? DS is almost four and he's just like your daughter, keeps waking all the time for no apparent reason (he's not afraid), we too have tried everything! I thought it couldn't possibly go on for much longer.

ven

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 3:05 pm
I have a 6 year old who still does it. . I am getting into the desperate fase. Plzzzz tips , I have the feeling we tried it all , from rewards to ignoring to locking the door

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 5:52 pm
I haven't tried this myself, but have you tried a weighted blanket? if you don't want to invest in one, you can probably put some bags of dried legumes over their blankets once they're tucked in. see if they sleep better with this.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 7:19 pm
does she sleep in her own room?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 7:23 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I haven't tried this myself, but have you tried a weighted blanket? if you don't want to invest in one, you can probably put some bags of dried legumes over their blankets once they're tucked in. see if they sleep better with this.

We absolutely swear by our weighted blankets. 11yo DD has stopped sleepwalking, stays asleep longer, and wakes up in a better mood.

I got a blanket for myself, and it's worked miracles for my insomnia and panic attacks.

They can be expensive, but worth every single penny!

Dolly1

Post Wed, Apr 29 2015, 11:33 pm
yes, oliveoil, she sleeps in her own room. mummidearest, a weighted blanket sounds interesting. It´s the first time I´m hearing about it. Might try it cuz I´m sooooooo desperate!! I have a feeling she just njoys takin advantage of me cuz when she sleeps over at other ppl´s houses she is an angel. I know she is a little scared at night so I try everything to make her night more pleasant. I even put a babymonitor in our rooms just for her security, so that she knows we always hear her. Recently I bought her this cute savings-box and I told her that every time she sleeps thru the night she will get 50 cents from me and one day we will go to the store and buy something nice. It really worked in the beginning, she tried hard, but now it doesnt. Although she gets so excited when she can have a coin....
The situation is always WORST when we come back from our parents after a long yom tov stay. There she gets to sleep with other ppl in a room... Crying

oliveoil

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 5:45 am
It's hard for some kids to sleep alone. Is there a sibling she can bunk with? Or can she sleep on a mattress on the floor in your room until she's over this stage?

Dolly1

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 6:32 am
oliveoil wrote:
It's hard for some kids to sleep alone. Is there a sibling she can bunk with? Or can she sleep on a mattress on the floor in your room until she's over this stage?

she has no siblings as of now Sad otherwise I would never do that to her. Sleeping in my room is not an option as we tried it already and it just gets out of hand cuz she takes advantage more and more. oh, besides, I know somebody who did that and the child is TEN years old now and still sleeps in their room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics