Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Shavuos Dilema

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, May 16 2015, 11:20 pm
So we were planning on eating the night meals at home and the day meals by my in-laws. Now I was thinking of changing plans and possibly eating the night meals with my in-laws as well because my in-laws and my husband's grandparents love when the whole family is together on yuntif. I would love to eat the night meals together as well, especially since my daughter absolutely loves being with her savta and zaidy. My in-laws live right down the block from us so it wouldn't be a big deal but the night meals are so late. Kiddush probably wont be before 10pm. Do we eat at home or do we go out and have my daughter go to sleep at around midnight? I know she could handle it because she stays up on pesach through the Sedarim from beginning to end. Do people keep their young children up late on yuntif? I'm not sure what to do. Any advice on what people do on very late yuntifs would be very helpful.

SingALong

Post Sat, May 16 2015, 11:48 pm
I personally would eat at home for night meals and put dd to sleep. Then go to inlaws by day meals. I enjoy yontiff more when my kids are on normal sleep schedules and not overtired and cranky the next day.

hotmom

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 12:15 am
It's yom tov, either way their schedules get a little hyped up, especially 3 days yom tov. If your in laws enjoy your company and vice versa and they don't mind hosting you for yom tov then go. It's nice for the children to be with extended family as s much as possible. Maybe just staying home for Shabbos.

busydev

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 12:16 am
I would stay home at nights personally. My kids dont tend to sleep late even when they go to bed late so its not worth dealing with them after.

OMG!

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 1:09 am
I put my kids down for an afternoon nap after meal so they are rested for night meal and we can go to inlaws. We do this every yomtov.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 2:19 am
Can she sleep over at your in law? Then you can go and she can go to sleep in the beginning of the meal instead of waiting so long.

little_mage

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 12:43 pm
If the goal is to all be together, can you have your in-laws over?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics