Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Present for Bar Mitzvah Lesson Teacher

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 4:00 pm
A relative has taught my ds how to lein for his bar mitzvah for free. He has devoted a lot of time and energy into my son and I wanted to show my appreciation with a personal gift. The relative is not into material things and I have no idea what he would appreciate religious wise. I don't just want to give a gift certificate to a seforim /judacia store because it doesn't seem personal enough.
Also how much would you think would be a good price range for something like this? 100? Or is that too little?
I also plan to have my ds write a nice note to give with the present.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 5:55 pm
The amount of money is hard to comment on without knowing the state of your finances. However, do think what you would have paid to hire a bar mitzvah teacher and give maybe 30%-40% of that, not 10%. I would think that the only relative that needs only a "token" present is the bar mitzvah's grandfather. If this person is married, maybe you can think of a gift for the whole family who lost time with their father/husband while he was teaching your son. Maybe a voucher for a restaurant meal would work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics