Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Full meals on grill

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:49 pm
Im working full time now in the summer. I can use ideas of meals that cook on a outdoor meal excluding franks and burgers. Sides also appreciated thanks

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:50 pm
Sorry I meant to write grill

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 8:57 pm
Invest in some grill baskets to use with vegetables. Nothing as good as grilled eggplant, zucchini, summer squash just brushed with olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar. The basket makes it easy to turn and veggies don't fall through.

Fish is delicious on the grill. Again, the special grill baskets make it easy to flip fish without worrying about it falling through. I have also cooked salmon on a cedar plank which is easy and yum.

If you want to do a bit fancy, I have made a marinated boneless leg of lamb that is to die for.

And grilled chicken is a no brainer. My favorite recipe marinates form24 hours so I can just take out if the fridge and grill. I find boneless to be easier to cook evenly than bone in.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 9:08 pm
I keep cleaned and marinated chicken cutlets in the freezer. I freeze them individually on baking sheets and then put in bags so I just pull out what I need.
I find grilling in aluminimum pans easier for some items.
Chicken with the bone I grill in a pan sometimes. If the chicken is parially pre-cooked then it will obviously go even faster.
Roasted vegetables - zuchhini, peppers, mushrooms. Slice in the monring. marinate in a bag in the fridge and then throw on the grill.
Potatoes in aluminum foil packets.

In some ways I don't find the grill good if I'm just walking in the door and in a rush. It has to be preheated and watched. And the food can burn if there is a flare up.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 9:27 pm
Marinated and grilled chicken breasts, boneless chicken thighs, bone-in thighs, steaks, kababs...
Grilled salmon
Grilled corn on the cob in their husks
Grilled sweet potato sliced lengthwise
Grilled red potato cubes in foil packets
Grilled vegetables cut lengthwise or cubed kebabs

You can also make some salads/sides in advance that last a few days in the fridge like potato salad, pasta salad, rice salad, bean salad, corn salad, etc.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 3:55 pm
Someone asked me to post the recipes for the grilled lamb and chicken.

This chicken recipe is really delicious and the marinade can be prepared in minutes. Don't use yellow mustard though as you want the brown mustard flavor rather than the yellow mustard flavor.

I like to marinate for a day but as long as possible. Could be frozen in the marinade and then thawed when needed to make it even easier. The leftovers are so tasty I will deliberately make way more than I need.

I've cooked indoors on a grill pan but outdoors the cleanup is easier.

Unbelievable Chicken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Allrecipes.com
Serving Size: 6

Summary:

"This unusual combination of common ingredients is fabulous! Everyone who tastes it asks me to share the recipe. You will love it and the many compliments you get - I promise!"

Ingredients:

1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons prepared coarse-ground mustard
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
ground black pepper to taste
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:

1. In a large glass bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.

2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.

3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Discard marinade.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 3:58 pm
This lamb dish is exceptionally good - but because of the price of lamb, not an everyday dish for me but would be great if you are making a fancy dinner party in the summer and want to do a grilled meat.

For the sides, I made a Fusion Cole Slaw and the Cooks Illustrated Roasted Green Beans - they both have flavors that go with the slightly "Asian" taste of the Lamb.

Your butcher can butterfly the lamb for you.

Grilled Hoisin-marinated Butterflied Leg of Lamb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Gourmet
Serving Size: 4

Ingredients:

1/3 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup minced scallions
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
a 6 1/2- to 7 1/2-pound whole leg of lamb, trimmed, boned, and butterflied (4 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds boneless)

Directions:

n a bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, minces scallion, honey, and salt.

Trim as much remaining fat as possible from lamb and in a shallow dish large enough to hold lamb flat spread marinade over both sides of it. Marinate lamb, covered and chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.

Prepare grill.

Bring lamb to room temperature and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 12 to 15 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer registers 140°F. for medium-rate meat. (Alternatively, lamb may be broiled under preheated broiler about 4 inches from heat for approximately the same time on each side as for grilling.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let stand 20 minutes before carving.

Holding a sharp knife at a 45° angle, cut lamb across grain into thin slices. (If planning to make lamb salad, reserve one-third unsliced lamb, covered and chilled.)

To make scallion brushes:
Trim roots and green parts from scallions, leaving about 2 1/2-inch stalks. Make 1/2-inch lengthwise cuts at both ends of stalks and spread fringed ends gently. Put scallions in a bowl of ice and cold water and chill 2 hours, or until fringed ends have curled. Drain scallions well.

Garnish lamb with scallion brushes and serve with eggplant.

myself

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 5:37 pm
Check out this link http://overtimecook.com/2015/0.....ecue/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics