Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Movers come tomorrow - PRAY FOR ME!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

CatLady

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:05 am
I've got goosebumps just thinking of you and your next adventure. Hugs, virtual booze aplenty, and it won't be long before you're turning to your DH and saying, "Honey, I'm home!"

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:18 am
Wow FF, welcome home!!!! Hope to meet you IRL some day Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:16 pm
You guys, this is getting crazy.

We just got bumped from the flight. shock Mad

Some sort of last minute thing with the paperwork, I don't even know.

Gam zu l'tova, right? It's all from Hashem.

Breathe in - count to 10, breathe out slowly. Rinse, repeat.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 12:25 pm
Moving is stressful, but making aliyah is a good stress. Wishing you and your DH and your DD an easy adjustment, and that everything turns out even better than you hope!

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 2:21 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
You guys, this is getting crazy.

We just got bumped from the flight. shock Mad

Some sort of last minute thing with the paperwork, I don't even know.

Gam zu l'tova, right? It's all from Hashem.

Breathe in - count to 10, breathe out slowly. Rinse, repeat.

you've got this one, FF, just a little bump in the road. breathe! are you breathing? I'm reminding you!

last time I moved--and we're taking an hour away, not another country with another language--I hid in the bathroom and cried. I knew I was moving to a better place, for a better life, but I was petrified. this is normal.

you are in my thoughts and prayers. hazlatcha. (a word I will never be able to spell)

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 2:48 pm
Wait, you're finally on your way?! What does bumped from the flight mean? You'll get another flight, right?

grace413

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 4:22 pm
Ouch. I would be hitting the liquor cabinet for sure.

I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

Hug Hug

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 4:47 pm
Wow, good luck! The bump is such a tease but it will be a blip in the past very soon! All the best!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 5:22 pm
The next available flight won't let me keep my dogs in the cabin, and they are too fragile to go in the cargo bay (tiny, elderly chihuahuas).

The flight after that arrives erev Shabbos, and cuts it way too close.

At this rate, Moshiach is going to have to come and get us!

At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 5:35 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The next available flight won't let me keep my dogs in the cabin, and they are too fragile to go in the cargo bay (tiny, elderly chihuahuas).

The flight after that arrives erev Shabbos, and cuts it way too close.

At this rate, Moshiach is going to have to come and get us!

At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end At wits end

can you quickly get them certified as therapy dogs? (no, I'm not kidding.) pretty sure they have to let therapy animals on the plane.

myself

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 6:23 am
Thinking of you FF, how's it going??? It's bound to be difficult at first, focusing on the bigger picture might be helpful.

Hug Hug Hug

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 2:06 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
can you quickly get them certified as therapy dogs? (no, I'm not kidding.) pretty sure they have to let therapy animals on the plane.

I just did that! The vet told me where to go online, so now we're trying to get tickets.

The movers packed ONE of each shoe in a box, so now I don't have shoes to wear on the plane. Confused

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 5:22 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I just did that! The vet told me where to go online, so now we're trying to get tickets.

The movers packed ONE of each shoe in a box, so now I don't have shoes to wear on the plane. Confused

You do know that anyone who liked this post did so because of the first paragraph, not the second, right? Very Happy

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 5:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
You do know that anyone who liked this post did so because of the first paragraph, not the second, right? Very Happy

I'm guilty for laughing out loud Smile Sorry FF

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 6:03 pm
If we don't laugh, we'll cry, right?

At least we finally got a seat booking for the 29th, WITH the dogs. Thanks "internet therapy dogs!" Wink

Pesach is going to be easy peasy, after this. I'll never complain again. I'm tempted to go running out of Mitzrayim with just the clothes on my back and a box of matzo. Sounds really good right now.

The movers totally messed up my estimate. We are WAY over 40 feet, and I have no idea what we are going to do with all my stuff in the garage. Probably put it in storage and make another container next summer. Confused

I'm just now sitting down for the first time since 7am, and in 15 minutes the movers will be done with their break and need me again. Uch, I can't be in every room at once!

DH went to the Kollel to learn, because he can't handle the stress anymore.

Oh crumbs. It looks like their break is over early. Gotta go.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 7:22 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
If we don't laugh, we'll cry, right?

At least we finally got a seat booking for the 29th, WITH the dogs. Thanks "internet therapy dogs!" Wink

Pesach is going to be easy peasy, after this. I'll never complain again. I'm tempted to go running out of Mitzrayim with just the clothes on my back and a box of matzo. Sounds really good right now.

The movers totally messed up my estimate. We are WAY over 40 feet, and I have no idea what we are going to do with all my stuff in the garage. Probably put it in storage and make another container next summer. Confused

I'm just now sitting down for the first time since 7am, and in 15 minutes the movers will be done with their break and need me again. Uch, I can't be in every room at once!

DH went to the Kollel to learn, because he can't handle the stress anymore.

Oh crumbs. It looks like their break is over early. Gotta go.

therapy dogs FTW! huzzah!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 7:31 pm
JMM-uc wrote:
I'm guilty for laughing out loud Smile Sorry FF

Well, it was taken in the spirit it was intended. Phew ;-)
I really meant it. I pressed like and then thought, no, not the shoes. She does know that, right?
BTW, if you ever find out why they did that, could you please let us know?

Laiya

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 7:35 pm
Mazel tov, so exciting!

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 2:56 am
If you find yourself wondering why people are "liking" your stress-filled posts, I for one am doing it because of the amazing attitude with which you seem to be taking it all. Stressed, yes, but coping too.Keep up the good work. You can do this!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 3:19 am
seeker wrote:
If you find yourself wondering why people are "liking" your stress-filled posts, I for one am doing it because of the amazing attitude with which you seem to be taking it all. Stressed, yes, but coping too.Keep up the good work. You can do this!

No worries, you can hug, like, and laugh all you want. I'm right there with you! I swear Hashem is the only thing holding me together at the seams right now.

BTW, El Al doesn't care two hoots about therapy dogs. The booking agent said "Feh. Anyone can get one of those now days. They still have to go down with the cargo." At check in time, I'm going to get my first chance to "act Israeli" on them. Mad

In some good news, I am totally and completely cured of my arachnophobia. I've been terrified of spiders for years, and usually I have to gather up courage just to get close enough to swat them. The past two weeks have been TOTAL immersion therapy. shock Oh, my, gosh, I had no idea there were so many in the house and the garage, including a few black widow spiders.

Now, I am completely over spiders. Done. D.O.N.E. I found one crawling up my neck, slapped it away, and just kept on going like it was no big thang. Yeah, spider smacker, that's how I roll! Rolling Laughter
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions