Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
MP3 Player vs tablet?

fluffernutter

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 6:02 pm
I got an MP3 player 6 months ago and it just died. I spent time trying to revive it, but its gone. I didn't even do anything to it. It was a Sansa - and this is the 2nd time this happened to me. When I was a teen I got one, and put all my music on it, and then it died. I said never again am I going to get a Sansa. Now 10 years later, everyone was talking about them and they're great. blah blah blah...now I'm in E"Y, no MP3 and all the music is left at home Sad I just don't do well with Sansa - everyone else does tho! Smile

In the past, I've done well with the Phillips ones. Here's the thing - I want a MP3 with at least 8GB of memory but don't want to spend more than $60 if I don't have to. The Phillps ones are more than that. Anyone else have any other ideas other than Sansa/Sandisk products.

Then I had a thought - maybe I should just get a tablet sorta thing. It'll be around the same price - and then I can play music from there too. Its this a nutty idea? I don't think I'd ever want to connect it to the internet. I'm kinda nervous about getting one since I'm just not that kinda person, but I do feel like it might be more practical than a little MP3 and if I get it on sale, it might even be really close in price.

Oh, one more thing - I don't like Ipods since they are a differnt format. I davka want something that I can move the music from Windows Media Player to my MP3 player seamlessly. And it would be really great, if it recorded also but thats not a must.

I would have it shipped to the US and then sent with someone so we're not looking to ship to E"Y.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Amarante

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 6:42 pm
Tablets are more than $60 and if you don't want Internet capability, what would be the point?

Did you want to use to watch video, read books or play games?

If you only want to listen to music, a dedicated MP3 player makes the most sense with your budget.

With an Internet capable machine, you cam stream music but I don't know anything about Israeli streaming services. There are also Internet radio stations.

Most people don't use a tablet for music. They use a smartphone because a tablet isn't easily carried around. Have you considered a smartphone of some kind because you van easily use as an MP3 player. However, most would not be in your budget and I don't know whether you want any kind if cell phone.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 7:34 pm
You can get a smartphone and never put in an SMS card (or connect it to wifi) and it will probably be cheaper than a decent tablet if you get used since people constantly upgrade their phones. Since you only really want it for the MP3 usage (and you can add a memory card) it doesn't have to be the latest and greatest.

(Sorry the Sansa died on you Sad )

fluffernutter

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:45 am
Ok so seems like a smart phone is the way to go - or a good MP3. Any suggestions on either one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics