Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Jackson, NJ- whose moving there??

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 3:49 pm
Posting as amother as many know im looking into this.
Who is moving to the diff parts of jackson? Is it all one type or a more diverse type? Does it depend on which part of jackson?

Tia!!

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
Posting as amother as many know im looking into this.
Who is moving to the diff parts of jackson? Is it all one type or a more diverse type? Does it depend on which part of jackson?

Tia!!

All different types of people. Some people are the younger, cooler crowd, others are yeshivish looking for cheaper housing options. Each neighborhood is different, it really depends on who your neighbors are

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 3:58 pm
Wow. How many neighborhoods are there in Jackson already?

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 4:02 pm
I'd tread cautiosly as I'd feel nervous going into a place where we're not welcomed as a community. But maybe that's because I don't have a lot of self confidence or super amazing social skills.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 6:26 pm
Be careful
Many locals there are blatantly antisemite
Especially, if you come across as xenophobic and "weird"

If you never lived OOT or worked in a non-Jewish place , maybe wait till there is a large frum community there

ariellabella

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 6:46 pm
I am surprised to hear there is a Jewish community there.

All I think about when I hear Jackson NJ is this recent outrageous incident:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new.....05971

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

The prosecutor did nothing since she is the kid of a state trooper.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:01 pm
Thanks to all!!
So I was wondering about the area off of cross street - white road area.
Is that more of the cooler or more of the yeshivish? Or both? Or none?

Those living there- do u feel the anti semitism or once ur there the neighbors r sweet?

LiLIsraeli

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:17 pm
That's actually still Lakewood.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks to all!!
So I was wondering about the area off of cross street - white road area.
Is that more of the cooler or more of the yeshivish? Or both? Or none?

Those living there- do u feel the anti semitism or once ur there the neighbors r sweet?

We looked into the white rd area but ended up buying somewhere else. On white road were a lot of yeshivish ppl, on olive ct (off of white) were really wealthy people, some
Yeshivish some not as yeshivish.
But this is all relative... To give you a frame of reference, I don't cover my legs outside of Lakewood (I wouldn't either in Lakewood of I wasn't nervous about kids getting into school Rolling Eyes ), I wear dark nail polish, I don't keep cholov Yisroel I have a long wig, but I don't have tv or watch movies.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:19 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
That's actually still Lakewood.

Only part of it is. Half the street is Lakewood half is jackson

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:21 pm
I know people were fined /got a violation for having a sukkah on their front deck.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:26 pm
As amother above said white road on one side of cross is lakewood and the other side is jackson.
Off of white road there are side streets. Many have jewish fsmilies living there.
I was asking about that area.

Thanks to all!
Anything else to add - please do so!!

- you looked into that area and then didnt go there - any specific reason why not that I should keep in mind?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:37 pm
I live here and love it!

It is a big mix, no specific type really but mostly young families , and many are yeshivish.

The non jews I have met are all nice but many have moved out since I moved in. Cost of homes have gone up a lot here!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
We looked into the white rd area but ended up buying somewhere else. On white road were a lot of yeshivish ppl, on olive ct (off of white) were really wealthy people, some
Yeshivish some not as yeshivish.
But this is all relative... To give you a frame of reference, I don't cover my legs outside of Lakewood (I wouldn't either in Lakewood of I wasn't nervous about kids getting into school Rolling Eyes ), I wear dark nail polish, I don't keep cholov Yisroel I have a long wig, but I don't have tv or watch movies.

just curious why you live in lakewood? Isn't it a yeshivish community surrounded by the main yeshiva?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
just curious why you live in lakewood? Isn't it a yeshivish community surrounded by the main yeshiva?

Parnosah. Otherwise we'd move out in a heartbeat.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
As amother above said white road on one side of cross is lakewood and the other side is jackson.
Off of white road there are side streets. Many have jewish fsmilies living there.
I was asking about that area.

Thanks to all!
Anything else to add - please do so!!

- you looked into that area and then didnt go there - any specific reason why not that I should keep in mind?

Not really a specific reason. On one block near white, the lot available was next to a family that had severe issues (we heard them yelling from the street). Other lots were not going to be available right away, zoning issues etc. (We were looking to build.) it sounded like a nice area though, with a great location- near Westgate shopping but not crowded into Westgate.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 10:26 pm
amother wrote:

Not anymore. There are many people like amother ecru here.

To the op, I know people who live off White Rd on the Jackson side and they are happy there. They seem to get along with their neighbors fine, although a lot of them are leaving. The non-Jewish neighbors are middle class, so I think you would have less overt anti-Semitism than you might have in a lower class neighborhood. Doesn't mean they're not the ones at the meetings complaining about the Jews moving in, but they are polite to your face.

It's a little hard without a lot of frum neighbors, but they knew that before they moved there and it's growing frum quickly.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 11:48 pm
Is busing to lakewood schools an issue? What about getting permits for building or extending - do they give a hard time with that?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:
Is busing to lakewood schools an issue? What about getting permits for building or extending - do they give a hard time with that?

You may want to double check with your school that they would help you get busing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating