Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
People Skills

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 5:04 pm
I am in the working world for many years and have many qualities that facilitated my advancement in my career. People skills and verbal communication are the areas in which I fall short and prevents me from advancing further. I am considering a very tempting employment offer for which my skill in these areas will be the key to my success. I desperately want to develop better skills in these areas but a book or course won't help me, I need step by step support.

Any thoughts on how I can effectively improve in these areas?

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 5:28 pm
Why do you say a course won't help? The Dale Carnegie course on "how to win friends and influence people" has a very good reputation. Besides, how else would you go about it? You can't learn these things "al regel achat" and nobody here has the time to hold your hand at work.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 5:55 pm
Dale Carnegie does have a good reputation. Do you actually know someone personally that has changed dramatically after that?

Obviously I am not looking for anybody here to give the time to do it for me and I know that it is a long process. Thinking in the direction of a coach or something like that.

giselle

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 6:04 pm
Yes I was thinking along the lines of a coach or a therapist who can teach social skills.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Dec 11 2015, 10:18 am
Anybody have more specific direction? Specific names of who is good in training in this skill area
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics