Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Washing sheitel at home

shacn

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 9:25 am
Hello to all!

I was wondering if anyone here washes their sheitel at home and what shampoo and conditioner they use? I sometimes get it washed and set and sometimes just do it myself- but it's always gets knotty and has that "sticky" feeling when o do it at home after about 3/4 days, and when I get it done by someone else it stays soft and smooth for about 3 weeks minimum... What am I doing wrong? I use keratin shampoo and very little Pantene conditioner and I know how to wash it etc. I'm thinking it's my products

Thanks in advance!!

busydev

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 9:30 am
I use tresemme or pantene. I use a decent amount of conditioner just not at the roots. I use biosilk before styling

champion

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 9:44 am
lots of conditioner is the key. and rinse it all ou well

shacn

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:43 am
Really? I heard not to use a lot of conditioner if not any. I wonder why that is. I'm going to try and use more conditioner next time. Thanks!

esther11

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:49 am
When u use conditioner avoid the roots because it can loosen the hair.
Also try a heat protectant spray and something like biosilk

Runner18

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:55 am
What water temp are you using? You want it be warm enough that the shampoo and conditioner isn't getting "stuck" in the hair but not too hot.

Lanz892

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:00 am
How do you get the knots out without feeling like you're ripping out tons of hair

questioner

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:12 am
Can I spinoff here or on a new thread about how to maintain a setting at home? My sheitel was done pretty recently, and the waves are already blown into a tangle / frizz. How do I fix this? Does pinning in rollers help?

shacn

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:34 pm
Lanz892 wrote:
How do you get the knots out without feeling like you're ripping out tons of hair
p

I would brush it before I wash it, that way it isn't so hard to brush when It's wet. and I bush from the bottom and go higher and higher

shacn

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:35 pm
Runner18 wrote:
What water temp are you using? You want it be warm enough that the shampoo and conditioner isn't getting "stuck" in the hair but not too hot.

A little warmer than room temp

Lanz892

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:36 pm
shacn wrote:
p

I would brush it before I wash it, that way it isn't so hard to brush when It's wet. and I bush from the bottom and go higher and higher

thank you!!

trixx

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:38 pm
Lanz892 wrote:

Detangling brush from Sephora
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels