Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Arts and crafts

SS6099

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 4:57 pm
Id love to order some arts and crafts on Amazon for the kids to do during midwinter vacation. Any ideas for a 4 year old and a seven year old?
Thanks!

Maya

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 5:00 pm
We recently went to a shop that worked with mosaics. It was enjoyed by all ages, even my four year old. Perhaps some kind of mosaic work is available to buy on Amazon.

return2You

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 5:08 pm
Etsy has some really creative, affordable craft kits on sale.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 7:57 pm
Shrinky dinks!

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 8:34 pm
return2You wrote:
Etsy has some really creative, affordable craft kits on sale.

Can you share some links?

loveandpeace

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 9:11 pm
Maya wrote:
We recently went to a shop that worked with mosaics. It was enjoyed by all ages, even my four year old. Perhaps some kind of mosaic work is available to buy on Amazon.

Did you do the craft in the shop?

return2You

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 9:19 pm
There are literally thousands of them. Just type craft kits for kids and you'll get a nice selection. If you're short on time, be sure to order from vendors in the US, so you get it in time

SS6099

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 4:08 am
return2You wrote:
There are literally thousands of them. Just type craft kits for kids and you'll get a nice selection. If you're short on time, be sure to order from vendors in the US, so you get it in time

That's why I posted for suggestions! I first typed in crafts for kids and got super confused by the amount. Figured that tried and tested is best ...
Rutabaga- what are shrinky dinks? Sounds fun Smile

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 9:43 am
SS6099 wrote:
Rutabaga- what are shrinky dinks? Sounds fun Smile

I got this for girls: http://www.amazon.com/Shrinky-.....dinks

This is more generic: http://www.amazon.com/Shrinky-.....dinks

For boys: http://www.amazon.com/Shrinky-.....dinks

sky

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 9:45 am
spirograph
Perler beads
color by number (for the 7 year old a more difficult book or even adult book depending on her level)
Napkin rings - I did simple, bought silver pipe cleaners and pretty clear, silver and blue beads and they designed a pattern and made lots. We threaded them onto paper towel holders, wrapped and gave to grandparents as gifts. (they have to be the type to use them at least once...).
If you have a michaels near you you can check them out. They sometimes has mugs to paint for very cheap. You paint the mugs, bake and then have a home made usable work of art.

Woodpecker crafts has some cute girl crafts: https://woodpeckerscrafts.com/.....chool

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:09 am
I bought kinetic sand for my kids. Not really arts and crafts but in same category as playdo. My 4 yr old loves it, my six year old plays with it but not as much

CEF

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:24 am
I try to keep track of where we are in terms of chagim, Yomtov, etc.
Pesach - create a couple of bencher covers per child to use on pesach, with a pesach theme, write their age on and do it each year so you see their artistic development every time pesach comes around (best to laminate after!)
Sukkos is obvious (sukkah decorations)
Purim - there's no harm thinking about an arts and crafts project for shlach manos already
Rosh Hashanah - decorate, write and send cards
For shabbos generally u can also think about creative learning - creating art projects around yam suf, aseres hadibros, har sinai, think big (huge piece of cardboard, outline har sinai, kids paint sky and mountain, use tissue paper to create flowers to stick on, etc)

Don't forget baking, related to the time of year!
Aleph beis cookies any time of the year.

CEF

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:24 am
I try to keep track of where we are in terms of chagim, Yomtov, etc.
Pesach - create a couple of bencher covers per child to use on pesach, with a pesach theme, write their age on and do it each year so you see their artistic development every time pesach comes around (best to laminate after!)
Sukkos is obvious (sukkah decorations)
Purim - there's no harm thinking about an arts and crafts project for shlach manos already
Rosh Hashanah - decorate, write and send cards
For shabbos generally u can also think about creative learning - creating art projects around yam suf, aseres hadibros, har sinai, think big (huge piece of cardboard, outline har sinai, kids paint sky and mountain, use tissue paper to create flowers to stick on, etc)

Don't forget baking, related to the time of year!
Aleph beis cookies any time of the year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children