Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Viewing someone else's text message on your phone???

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 8:43 pm
Strange. Never experienced this before. I was sitting in a car service today, checking my phone, and suddenly a text message appeared on the screen from an unfamiliar number. When I tried clicking into the text, it was gone, and no longer appears in my messages log. It was not an ad- it seemed to be in response to a previous text. It said something like, "aarr adorable!" I suspect that the text message was sent to the driver's phone, and somehow, being in close proximity, or directly behind the driver, was able to be viewed on my phone. Is that possible? Scratching Head

busydev

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:36 pm
My phone is often next to dhs and I have never gotten or sort of gotten one of his texts nor has he one of mine.
Not sure exactly what happened but that theory doesn't seem to make much sense.

Sake

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:49 pm
Only now that you say it ...I remember way back when texting was first starting that it did happen to me. Like crossed lines for telephones. However the texts did not ever disapear. That part seems fishy to me.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:52 pm
Is there any phone service that offers the option of 'unsending' a message if the recipient hasn't opened it yet?

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:38 pm
If your phone connects via bluetooth to the otheer phone, you can view the messages. Then when you disconnect, you can no longer view them.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:11 am
Lady Bug wrote:
If your phone connects via bluetooth to the otheer phone, you can view the messages. Then when you disconnect, you can no longer view them.

Is it possible that's what happened? Although my phone is Bluetooth capable, I'm not sure how it works. If my Bluetooth feature is turned on on my phone but I don't have a special Bluetooth device, but the driver does, can it happen?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 9:19 am
OP, you probably got a wrong number text, thats all. That never happened to you before? It happens. Someone obviously sent you a sms by mistake.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 9:31 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
OP, you probably got a wrong number text, thats all. That never happened to you before? It happens. Someone obviously sent you a sms by mistake.

No, that's not what happened! It was a text that popped up on my screen but never appeared in my log. Lady Bug's theory is the most logical. I suspect that is what happened; I'm just waiting for her or others to chime in.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 5:33 pm
Bump

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 6:10 pm
I'm not sure how that would work, I was thinking along the lines of this concept:

http://www.cnet.com/news/huh-m.....have/

mgs

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 8:14 pm
From your last description it sounds like it's possible that it's a different messaging service you got a message on, wether whatsapp/googletalk/skype or similar. That might be why it popped up on your screen but isn't in your text log.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:35 pm
mgs wrote:
From your last description it sounds like it's possible that it's a different messaging service you got a message on, wether whatsapp/googletalk/skype or similar. That might be why it popped up on your screen but isn't in your text log.

This makes the most sense.
If you usually use text, and something came in over a program you don't usually use, like Skype for example, it wouldn't appear on you text log, but if you found the program it came in on, it would probably still be on that log.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 2:21 am
weirdly I sent my sister an e-mail & my mother saw it as a text message in her phone. As I am not familiar with phones, it took some time to realize my sister sent a group message and therefore that response went to my mother as well despite me being on a computer.

so maybe you were part of a group text ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics