Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
12 ur old bed wets

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 6:31 pm
I dunno under which section to put. My almost 12 yr old used to bed wet from time to time. Since last month it's abt 5/6 nites a week. I am loosing my mind. Any help or advice???

copypaste

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 6:46 pm
I went to Dr sagie and was very successful. He told me a time frame of 6 months and by 3 months he was off the program bh!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 6:48 pm
What did he tell u to do? What's his contact info?

copypaste

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 6:56 pm
Where are you located? I know he comes to ny few times a year. He's from Israel. I will look up his info and let you know. Btw he is a bit pricey but I had no choice. I went to him as my last choice with two boys and he actually gave me a discount, but bh I can now say bedwetting is history.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 7:01 pm
Whats his tecnique?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 9:16 pm
Dr. Sagie's website
http://www.bedwettingtherapy.com/category/faq

Make sure you don't show him that you are frustrated when he wets the bed. He can't control it.

I found this tip online that may help in the meantime:
Plastic sheets and disposable underwear can save sanity and mattresses. You can also use the "double bubble" method of making a bed. Layer a plastic sheet, regular sheet and a blanket; then repeat the process.

Teach the child how to strip off the top layer and make a fresh bed. Keep some fresh pajamas or disposable underwear bedside, too, so he or she can easily change into dry ones.

Bruria

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 9:32 pm
If he used to do it from time to time and out of nowhere it's happening a lot, try to figure out if there has been any stressful situation in his life that might be triggering this.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 6:14 am
amother wrote:
Dr. Sagie's website
http://www.bedwettingtherapy.com/category/faq

Apologies for taking advantage of your post, OP.
Can you give a quick description of Dr Sagie's method? I didn't quite get it from a quick browse on this website.
Is it just a kit that you buy, or do you actually get sessions with this doctor? Does he have a clinic?
I am in Israel.

chani8

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 6:36 am
Went to our pediatrician and after testing that there were no physiological reasons, the child was given medication which cured it instantly, though the child had to stay on it for almost a year to get permanent results, which isn't so common.

Like Bruria said, assess for stress factors in his life, though. Sounds like he may be upset about something, too.

But get to the doctor fast. This is such a miserable problem for a big kid to deal with.

Queen6

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 9:36 am
Dr. Sagie will work with you over the phone of you can't come in. I was extremely happy with the program. He bases it on deep sleep and weak muscles. Using an alarm that wakes the child when he is wet. He also includes excersizes to strengthen the muscles.
I would just really rule everything out before spending the money. It's interesting that it all of a sudden flared up.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 9:50 am
My oldest son wet until he was 14 EVERY single night. There was a period around age 12 or 13 where he stayed dry for 6 weeks and it suddenly stopped. I was more than just at my wits end...washing linens every single day, dealing with the bad smell etc. I know it's genetic. My own father wet until he was 12 and two of my brothers wet until , 12 and 13....Baruch Hashem, it just stopped. He went to my inlaws for a week and he was so nervous to wet their beds that he didnt sleep very deeply and he stayed dry, he has been dry ever since. We tried the pill, the alarm etc. and nothing else worked. Time is what worked. So good luck, I know how frustrating that is

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:08 am
Op here, Funniest thing is she is my lightest sleeper. Hears if any kids cry at night. I don't think problem is that she sleeps too deeply but hey I never know.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
Op here, Funniest thing is she is my lightest sleeper. Hears if any kids cry at night. I don't think problem is that she sleeps too deeply but hey I never know.

It could be stress about something as it is more common in boys than girls. If I were you I'd speak to my pediatrician and see what they say.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:13 am
amother wrote:

Let her sleep in your room on the floor for a few days and see if that stops her mistakes. She is stressed and insecure and needs her mummy.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:24 am
I had the same issue with my 13 year old. Got an Rx for desmopresson (I think that's what it's called) and MAGIC! Can't believe I waited so many years to get it.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 1:22 pm
I second that. Desmopressen is amazing. Two of my sons used it. It was a godsend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics