Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Blender juicing machines

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 4:00 pm
I have a blender that I use for making milkshakes. I also use it to make healthy juices of the apple mint and kale variety. I use lemon and ginger and crush ice. As I said I've also used it for milkshakes (with ice). Everything us always cold.

If I make a drink with pareve ingredients, can I serve it with a meat meal? If it has lemon or ice does it make a difference? Would it help if I purchased a separate crushing blade for pareve but kept the same jug?

rachel6543

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 5:33 pm
A blender is in essence a knife, so would follow kashrut guidelines for a knife.

So in regards to sharp foods like a lemon, you would want to make sure to use a dairy or parve knife to cut it before adding to the blender. However, I'm not sure if you could serve something that has a "sharp" ingredient like a lemon made with your dairy blender and serve it at a meat meal. That's a good question for a rav.

If all the ingredients are parve (and not sharp) and everything is cold, you might be able to serve what you're making at a meat meal or at least after the meat meal. But I would double check with a Rav. it could be that the blades of a blender are considered difficult to actually "clean" and might affect the status of the food.

If you ask a rav, please share what you learn. It would be interesting to learn what a rav recommends for this particular scenario.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 9:21 pm
Would anyone who is married to a rabbi (esp if mo or yeshivish rather than chaddidish), be willing to ask the question for me? The question boils down to: If I get a new blade, can I serve the drinks with meat, or do I need a whole new machine?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen