Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Quite a lot hurt by inappropriate sheitals!
Previous  1  2  3

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 7:56 pm
This call sounds very genuine. I have news for you, I've heard many such kinds of calls recorded by different companies and organizations from customers who have all kinds of bizarre complaints that just stun you. (such as, someone calling Gmach Hatzalah d'kiryas yoel complaining why their annual dinner has to be the same night as the Bnai Yoel dinner, because now donations get diluted. lol)

csfm

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:05 pm
Please forgive my ignorance, but what could one consider to be immodest or inappropriate about this (or any normal) brand of sheitels? Thanks very much for clarifying.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:18 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
This call sounds very genuine. I have news for you, I've heard many such kinds of calls recorded by different companies and organizations from customers who have all kinds of bizarre complaints that just stun you. (such as, someone calling Gmach Hatzalah d'kiryas yoel complaining why their annual dinner has to be the same night as the Bnai Yoel dinner, because now donations get diluted. lol)

hahah I heard that one. my eyeballs nearly fell out. omg people have issues.

Sake

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:28 pm
That could have been my mother. I grew up over hearing her make that kind of call. On the other hand, it could also have been me making fun of my mother.....

treestump

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:31 pm
And my colleague who used to work at a Jewish publication said that a man called in to complain about a picture of the Statue of Liberty- because she's a lady!! Rolling Eyes

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 9:04 pm
really don't know if I should laugh or cry ... but someone thinks those sheiteled mannequins are quite the lure ... I myself did find that man quite zexy - ooh roar Twisted Evil Wink

bluebird

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 9:59 pm
The post quite clearly says it's a prank. It's also not on the Oorah website, but is posted on a comedy site.

Last edited by bluebird on Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chloe

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:16 pm
Definitely Chassidish Tongue Out

I'm with Maya, I can totally see some people doing this.
Maybe this one is a prank, but the fact is that this can and does happen.

It bothers me more when she says, "there are girls in the brochure". Seriously? Is that an issue for your husband too? shock Rolling Eyes

OutATowner

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 10:22 pm
I think it's a joke.
Maybe it's not.
Either way, this is not the first time I've seen something from the oorah auction this year and thought "this is in poor taste."
If it's a joke- not funny, mocking "yeshivish."
If it's real- they have no right to publicize and blatantly mock a voicemail.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 7:44 am
watergirl wrote:
I dont think this is real. Why would Oorah risk their reputation by leaking a phone call? I think its a Chaya Suri type joke and I dont think Oorah is part of it.

My father in law has a well known business that had a similar phone call released. HE did not release it, nor did any of the higher ups. Someone who was not supposed to have access managed to access it (I don't remember how) and HE released it.
I don't know who Chaya Suri is, but I wouldn't be so sure it's fake.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 9:12 am
bluebird wrote:
The post quite clearly says it's a prank. It's also not on the Oorah website, but is posted on a comedy site.

Forgive me for skipping p. 2 but yeah, it's obvious that's it "comedy" and "prank call". And that I got from going to the link, even though the call itself is blocked by my filter.
Now we can discuss the issue of "inappropriate sheitels" but I believe it's been done before, more than a few times.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 9:19 am
I can believe that it's real but I can also believe it was sent around as a whatsapp audio that someone made into a video. There are lots of people that are truly bored. They make up these audios or they hack it from somewhere.
A couple of months ago there was an audio going around about a complaint to the local Jewish magazines or advertising papers. His issue was that an ad for a bedroom set had only one bed. Omg.
Then there was an audio complaint about a logo of a store that featured a boy with long payos but red tshirt and jeans. She was complaining that that's why our kids go off the derech. It was hilarious. It sounded genuine but the content was so absurd.
People are BORED. Both, the genuine complainers and the imitators!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 9:28 am
asmileaday wrote:
I can believe that it's real but I can also believe it was sent around as a whatsapp audio that someone made into a video. There are lots of people that are truly bored. They make up these audios or they hack it from somewhere.
A couple of months agot there was an audio going around about a complaint to the local Jewish magazines or advertising papers. His issue was that an ad for a bedroom set had only one bed. Omg.
Then there was an audio complaint about a logo of a store that featured a boy with long payos but red tshirt and jeans. She was complaining that that's why our kids go off the derech. It was hilarious. It sounded genuine but the content was so absurd.
People are BORED. Both, the genuine complainers and the imitators!

That's so sad
So much Torah to learn
So many chesed opportunities

asmileaday

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 9:30 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
That's so sad
So much Torah to learn
So many chesed opportunities

I agree.

penguin

Post Wed, Mar 23 2016, 5:34 pm
Quote:
A couple of months ago there was an audio going around about a complaint to the local Jewish magazines or advertising papers. His issue was that an ad for a bedroom set had only one bed. Omg.
Please post links!

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Mar 24 2016, 12:42 am
THAT woman is the real deal.
To each his own.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels