Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Hurt my back

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 3:17 pm
I injured my back bad enough that I've spent a ridiculous amount of time running around to doctors therapists and imaging places in the last month. I also have a family of littles and am hosting for pesach. I can't bend or lift.

I have cleaning lady 6 hrs a week and am hiring bochurim to kasher and cover right before I turn over. I can do all shopping online. Cooking is easy to do sitting down so not worried about that.

Who/what can I hire for what services that might help me do this? Are there companies that do extensive kitchen cleaning, organizing, etc? Or tips for managing the cleaning with no bending or lifting? Give me all your tips and ideas if money was not an issue but having others around to help is an issue. (Going away for pesach not an option neither is not having the people who rely on us not come to us. They all know about the injury and have low expectations, just want to spend yom tov together and will help out financially if I can figure out who to hire and what to hire them for)

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 3:35 pm
Can the people you are hosting come any earlier and help you? Also consider what ready made food you can just buy to make it easier for you. There are also private chefs who you could pay to make you food. I know you said you thought the cooking wouldn't be so hard, but it is still a lot of meals, and it might be worth paying someone to take some of the workload off you.
For the cleaning, I would consider hiring a professional cleaning crew and them coming and doing a day intensive cleaning.
Wishing you a refuah shleima!

UQT

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 3:45 pm
Where are you located? There are cleaning agencies who do post construction cleanup who you can pay a crew to do cleaning. It’s usually around $30-hour per person in the crew so it adds up but if you’re stuck…

oneofakind

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:19 pm
Forget organizing. Now it's the time to focus on Pesach, not spring cleaning. Cleaning crew is great. Where is your DH in all of this? He can bring out Pesach dishes, keep things in boxes or get a plastic open shelves unit and just load them up so you don't have to line or organize cabinets.
Even if you can sit, you need an assistant to carry and fill pots etc as you cook- DH or cleaning lady.
Refuah Sheleima!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics