Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Babysitter/playgroup Baltimore rates?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 5:09 pm
What do people usually charge to do daily babysitting in their homes or like small playgroup things for babies? Are the rates different depending on how old the baby is? (I just am looking for an estimate, I don't need exact amounts. I'm so clueless about this stuff!).

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 6:34 pm
It definiitely differs according to the age of the baby. For example, if it is a very small group of newborns, then the babysitter might charge more per hour because she can take only a very small group.
the same with playgroups - if your child is in a group of 6 kids aged 18-24 months, then she might charge more than if your kid was one of 12 in a 2 yr old group.
Here are some numbers that I know:
babysitter of infants = $6/hr
babysitter for 12-18 months, group of 6 kids, charges $5.50 hr
Playgroup 9-1 for 18-24 months (maximum 6 kids) = $300/month
playgroup 9-1 for 2yr olds (maximum 12 kids with two morahs) = $275/month
playgroup 9-1.30 for 3 yr olds, (maximum 16 kids with two morahs) = $270/month.

Those are some people who I know, and their prices.

Why not tell us how old your child is and what you are looking for, then maybe I can give you some leads...

anon, bec I dont want everyone to know I live in baltimore!

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:13 pm
Playgroup age 3-6 400$/m [Montessori]
Babysitters in your own house is much more than drop offs, like 10-13/hr, even if it is one sleeping kid

justforfun87

Post Sun, May 01 2016, 7:59 pm
Babysitter for infant -2yr old is between 5/6. The sitters take a range between 3-6 kids...yikes. I am paying 300/m for a 3yr old playgroup from 9-2. It is 5 dollars for extended hours. Licensed places like Gan Rutie I believe are 600-700 for full day for infants because of cencus and drops in price a lot after 2yrs old. Maybe like 550 I believe. That is full day.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 02 2016, 8:04 am
Thanks for the replies. I'm also going ANON since I don't want people knowing where I live. My baby is 4 mos old. I guess I would be interested maybe when he's 7 or 8 months- toward the end of the summer. Honestly I really just want to stay home with him, but I don't know if that's going to be possible.
Honestly I thought it was going to cost more than what you guys are quoting. I knew it was a lot, but when people said a lot I was thinking even more than $6 an hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics